Genji PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 26, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So does anyone have this and what do you think of it ? I've read the reviews and it seems to be getting similar reviews to 99Nights on the 360, which surprisingly I actually quite like when I want a bit of mindless button mashing.

Will Gengi peform the same brainless - at times very nice looking - mindless action, or is it a complete no-no.

I can get it for €35 which is cheap enough. (It will be €75 when released here in march)

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Graphically Genji is awesome. I had some minor irritation with the camera though. I rented it, i would buy it when it goes to "greatest hits" but not for $59.99 imo.

Ed

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Thanks ed. Wont be renting for a long time as it takes usually 12 months after the console is launched before rental shops actually put them out here. 360 games are only just starting to be available for rent. :eek:

I might give it a go. I know its fundementally flawed so I shouldnt end up too dissapointed if I dont like it.

4. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

I heard it was the most graphically pleasing PS3 game out, btut he controls are a tad quircky
    (download the demo first)

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

ooo there's a demo ? thanks for that. I'll certainly download that when my ps3 gets here. Thanks :D

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

It's a fun game, and not quite as mindless as Untold Legends in terms of button mashing... however, the camera sucks big time. Facing the screen while trying to hit an enemy behind it is simply stupid. I wouldn't bother. It ruins the whole game for me!

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm completely stuck in this game :eek:

After rescuing some wounded soldiers, I'm in a valley / canyon with purple crab like creatures. I just dont know where to go or how to go there. Over 1 hour trying to work out what it is I'm supposed to be doing and I'm utterly peeved with it.....

Anyone got this far ?

I tried 'googling' Gengi PS3 Guide and guess what came up as the number 1 item....... my thread here :eek: some help :rolleyes: :D

8. darkwing macrumors 65816

MRU, you might have more luck if you googled "genji" because that's what the game is actually called. Not "gengi"

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

LMAO.... yeah I realised that after I posted :D :p

I googled 'Genji' and nothing useful came up anyway. I think I have to jump to a platform - fire my grapple all at somthing completely off screen... easy ;) :eek: seriously the designers should have been shot. There's a good game there if they had just allowed 360 degree camera control.

10. darkwing macrumors 65816

There is a walkthrough on gamefaqs.com

And yeah, my mom, who isn't a gamer, totally hated the camera on the Genji demo. I don't have the final game.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its too much like D.Warriors for me....good hack and slash though.

Bless

12. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I sorted it.

I should have read the instructions. I didnt realise one of my characters could run along walls ninja gaiden style :rolleyes:

My own fault for turning the instruction / tutorial screens off on the menu...

Actually despite it's glaring flaws, I'm actually enjoying this :eek: Kind of like a guilty pleasure. Reminds me of Omnimusha more than anything else.

13. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Are you sure the enjoyment isn't stemming from being content-deprived? ;)

Look forward to your review of MotorStorm, the demo wasn't that impressive to me... although a good friend of mine really loved it.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ahhh Omnimusha 2....Capcom and their RE style controls/cam never gets old.

Bless