Genocide in Africa

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Voltron, May 25, 2004.

1. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

The press isn't reporting about this, too busy trying to make Bush look bad in Iraq.
    This is as much anti bush as it is anti UN but the fact of the matter is all our troops are in Iraq we have none to spair so maybe the UN should be using their "other troops who aren't americans" to handle the above problem. Or do they actual have any? Do they even care since nothing there is actually going to make Bush look bad other than the fact that our forces are too busy to help. Not that we should go out and help everyone but isn't that one of the UN's alleged goals?

2. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

The UN is a joke. I bet the Sudanese government outlawed the right to keep arms a few months before the genocide started. I read something about the direct correlation between the right to keep arms and genocide. They generally come as a pair.

Anyway, the UN is less concerned with human rights, and more concerned with bureacracy.

And for the media, they're too busy flaming Bush to cover the news.

"Rainstorms have begun to flood many parts of the midwest. In a related story, Republican George Bush allowed a glass of water to evaporate last night. Here with commentary is a lead advisor to presidential candidate John Kerry.
    'It's obvious that Bush's carelessness with that glass of water lead to an overabundance of H2O vapor in the atmosphere. The real issue is not whether Bush caused the out of control rains, but whether or not this is the first monsoon the republicans are responsible for. These events, in our opinion, are just another example of the lack of foresight inherent in this administrations water evaporation policy. Senator Kerry, along with senators clinton and Kennedy are forming a joint subcommitee to investigate the nature of Bush's oversights regarding rain causing policy. We feel the American people deserve to know what this adminstration did to cause the rainy season, and why haliburton will be coordinating the clean up!'"

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I bet you wern't complaining when the media was flaming Clinton and not reporting the news, were ya? Nor were you complaining about the media when the coverage was positive about Bush either.

4. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Nah, I used to hate Bush too. I was too young to vote (or care!) when Clinton was president. Anyways, it was an unrealistic, exagerated, over-the-top, intended to cause laughter, joke. Reverse the names and it's still funny, just not timely. I should have included a smiley :).

Oh yeah, been meaning to ask you Mactastic. Who's that in your 'tar?

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Kuyu, I think it is Micheal Stipe (REM) in mactastics' avatar, but I am not sure either...as far as Sudan is concerned, the US (or indeed, the world) has no particular strategic interest in it, and so it is seemingly just policy for the UN and the powers to say "shame on you". Sudan, to my knowledge has always, partly on account of it's area, been difficult and ill-governed, with war between Muslims and Animists (north vs south) and resulting famine. The last time the US ventured inside (to my knowledge) was for "operation moses" in late 1984 to early 1985, with the secret airlift of ethiopian Jews, who had fled the war and forced famine of Ethiopia, to Isreal from refugee camps in Sudan. There was obvious political and strategic reasoning that time, but even then, it should be noted, the rest of the ethiopian refugees were not helped...

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's G.G. Alllin (a far cry from Michael "Whiner" Stipe ;) ). I've been meaning to update since the avatars went 75x75, but just haven't gotten around to it.

7. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Gun Control Sudan Style
    My...my...cause (gun confiscation) and effect (genocide)????

8. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

If the media were concerned with the genocide in Africa, they should do one thing, repeat it ad infinitum, to convince the US to get involved.

They should repeat a rumor that Sudan is sitting atop a large quantity of oil deposits. That ought to get us running into that region to save it from itself. :eek:

Besides, what is a false rumor to the media, its not like they are averse to overhyping small news. Heck, they could even go to Sudan and bury a bottle of Valvoline 10W40. :p :D

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I thought it was YOU! :eek: :D

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Major problem with genocide over here since they took away our AK47s. :rolleyes:

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol, no I'm not in the habit of carving myself up with broken glass and defecating on my audience.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My my... cause (tailpipe emissions) and effect (global warming)????
    My my... cause (easy gun availability) and effect (high gun crime levels)????
    My my... cause (invading Iraq) and effect (more terrorists created than destroyed)????

Note, in Frohickey world there is no need to actually establish a causal relationship with any evidence of any kind, it is enough to simply state it. Unless of course it goes against conservative dogma. :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Ooops, sorry! :eek:
    I wasn't aware of his personal habits...
    I thought he looked quite fetching. :)

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

sorry, it was a little small to discern...I saw what looked like a bald head, and figured the red on his body was somesort of bull**** "artistic display...

15. Travl macrumors newbie

This article is so one sidedly written it is disgusting....atrocities have taken place on both sides....even in Rwanda both sides are said to have committed savage acts. This article makes it seems like its only christians being persecuted when in reality it is a christian government commiting atrosities as Im sure the other side is as well....war is a mother but it definately goes both ways in a situation like this that has been raging on for so long...