Genuine charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luke.twomey85, Jul 15, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors demi-god

Yes it's all fake on that site. Apple doesn't sell parts and accessories through third party outfits unless they are official dealers..... :apple:

3. macrumors regular

But are you having any problem with it? I always used third party cables at work and in the car and never had any problem

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate, do you have any information on whether their products are actually safe - even if they are not genuine?

I'm not stupid, where chargers are concerned I'm not going to cut corners.... but I could live with it being a fake, as long as it's actually a safe, tested product.

----------

To be honest I haven't used it yet, as I was suspicious... I've heard horror stories about fake chargers catching fire in the past (UK Watchdog) so didn't want to chance it.

5. macrumors 601

There's no telling. If you want to continue to use it then you'll have to be comfortable assuming the associated risks.

6. macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I wouldn't trust a fake. But in the US not even the genuine chargers have 3 prongs. They have 2 prongs that are the same size instead of one being a little bigger.

Genuine will say "Designed by Apple in California". Definitely fake.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 6502a

Looks fake to me, how about the weight?

I was given a fake one once, opened it up and was shocked to find that the insides were nothing more than 2 wires going to the main 2 prongs (also in the UK).there was no ground wire, no fuse and the wires connecting were very VERY thin.