Genuine charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luke.twomey85, Jul 15, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2010
  2. macrumors demi-god

Apr 20, 2009
    Yes it's all fake on that site. Apple doesn't sell parts and accessories through third party outfits unless they are official dealers..... :apple:
  3. macrumors regular

Nov 16, 2012
    But are you having any problem with it? I always used third party cables at work and in the car and never had any problem
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2010
    Thanks mate, do you have any information on whether their products are actually safe - even if they are not genuine?

I'm not stupid, where chargers are concerned I'm not going to cut corners.... but I could live with it being a fake, as long as it's actually a safe, tested product.

To be honest I haven't used it yet, as I was suspicious... I've heard horror stories about fake chargers catching fire in the past (UK Watchdog) so didn't want to chance it.
  5. macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    There's no telling. If you want to continue to use it then you'll have to be comfortable assuming the associated risks.
  6. macrumors 68020

May 16, 2013
    Kansas, USA
    I wouldn't trust a fake. But in the US not even the genuine chargers have 3 prongs. They have 2 prongs that are the same size instead of one being a little bigger.

Genuine will say "Designed by Apple in California". Definitely fake.

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2012
    Looks fake to me, how about the weight?

I was given a fake one once, opened it up and was shocked to find that the insides were nothing more than 2 wires going to the main 2 prongs (also in the UK).there was no ground wire, no fuse and the wires connecting were very VERY thin.