George's Quagmire!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Jul 2, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Interesting 4th of July read.
    Link

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think you'll find that the insurgents in Iraq are a more appropriate model.

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

:p

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And here I thought we were in Iraq because of 9/11. I mean WMDs. No, it is terrorists. Oh, ok, now it's for their freedom. Wait, it's all about 9/11 again apparently. :rolleyes: As skunk touched upon, the American Revolution was about our freedom from tyranny. This war is about the Iraqi freedom. I guess. I don't see anyone siding with Saddam. Even Bin Laden didn't. We just have a problem with the way the war is being handled, and a true patriot would look at how things are really going, and protest the mistakes of the administration. That's why we fought against King George in the first place. Freedom. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let anybody tell me I'm not patriotic, or even call me a traitor, because I complain when I call the government on it's gross mistakes that are getting my friends killed while the guy who actually did attack us is still running around free.

Comparing a liberal filmmaker to Benedict Arnold because his view is different than the current administration isn't going to help anybody. Link to someone who's actually been there. But I suppose the Iraq Vetrans Against the War are traitors too.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In related news, the ghost of George Washington arose from its grave and strangled a writer named Michael Graham. Police found a document which Graham authored, near Graham's mud-stained throat, comparing Washington to George Bush.

Contacted at the FBI about the bizarre case, agent Fox Mulder said, "No, we won't be investigating. Far as we can tell, he got what was coming to him."

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's rich, coming from a man with dual nationality... :D

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Just this morning I was chatting with a friend at a neighborhood 4th of July party and he mentioned a less-often quoted passage in the Declaration of Independence, which seems ever more timely. One of the grievances filed against King George:

Happy Independence Day, everybody!

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

it's an interesting little piece, but there's a major flaw. the iraqis aren't throwing off their oppressive gov't for independence. this is more akin to france invading and occupying the colonies in order to spread freedom. i'm guessing g.w. wouldn't have stood for that.

10. diamond geezer macrumors regular

I think this has more relevance than your original posting.

link