Georgia bride-to-be fabricated abduction story

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by craigdawg, Apr 30, 2005.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

Whoops. I guess her family was a bit off when they insisted she was excited to be getting married and wouldn't have gotten cold feet.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/30/wilbanks.found/index.html

2. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I think it's amazing that she didn't just run away, but she actually made it seem like she was kidnapped. That just seems a bit odd to me. If she had just run away and the family mistaken it for a kidnapping that'd make more sense. A few years later, they'd tell the story and laugh about it. But now she actually tried to make it look like a kidnapping...

What was she thinking? :confused:

3. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Dumb b*tch. I hope she goes to jail for this. Instead of calling off the wedding or postponing it, she had to put her family through hell.

4. yarngrrl macrumors member

Not only that, the cost to the city of Atlanta and state of Georgia for her search. (Our local celebrity abduction-faker Ms. Audrey Seiler is still working off her restitution for that one!)

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    okay shes officially and idiot

if ur scared just postpone it dont make the whole world look for u ur wasting money!!!

6. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

a coworker and I had been following this story late last week. Our first comment was that she looked phsyco. Her eyes are the same in every photo, and they are very spooky.

I want them to press charges, not jail time or anything, but let the country know how serious this is. How many people will not come looking for the next lost person because of her story.

She should pay for the lost time and wages paid to the staffs of law enforcement that have put other, legit, cases to the side to come to this females rescue.

If this guy marries her, I hope she gets the mental health treatment she needs.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I have a feeling the wedding might be off now. How does the groom feel knowing that she didn't want to marry him.

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i think a person would have to be so riddled with anxiety and fear to do something like this, she should have court-mandated therapy instead of punishment... Normal, well-adjusted people just don't do irrational things like this. I just hope the boyfriend is able to move on, what a crushing, public display of humiliation.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is a very sad story all around. Something is wrong for her to pull such a stunt. I also don't think that she should have to go to jail. She should have to reimburse the authorities for the search, that might prevent the next person from pulling a similar stunt. It would be wrong for her to be on national TV, this is not the way to get fame. Unless this was part of her plan.

10. mac-er macrumors 65816

The attached picture shows the coward bride going to catch her flight back to Atlanta on Sunday.

Ok, why is she covering her head with a blanket? Is she going to ride the entire flight with her head under a blanket?

Woman, the whole country already knows who you are...

Besides, if I saw someone walking through the airport with a blanket over their head...I would stare more.

Attached Files:

11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Shes a freakin moron.

"HELP! I WAS ABDUCTED!!!!!!!!!!! Nah! Jus' playin! YOU GOT PUNK'D!"

Also, walking with a SHEET ON HER HEAD!?!?!? That would be smart if ALL OF AMERICA DID NOT SEE HER PICTURE FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS!

5 Days! How can we forget her! Shes ugly and on TV every second! Why wear a blanket???

And if they are still getting married right now, all I can do is laugh so hard.

"Honey, I know you made up a story and ran away and said you were kidnapped. I think its just brought us closer together. The lie detector tests I took? Those prooved I love you. I want you to have this ring. These past few weeks have been the best of my entire life. I never knew how good Krispy Kreme was until I got them while I was waiting to get checked by the police. I love you, sweetie"

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Would this story be at all related to Liketom's wedding?

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, I would be sending the guy "Hallmark Get Well Cards" with a psychiatrist's card daily if he went through with the wedding.

Heck, I'd probably be including articles from the TX female family annihilators along with it.

That would be a bride would get my vote for this years bride most likely to eventually have mental problems, go on drugs, and kill the kids.

14. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

*Takes out stupid signs, places one on this woman's forehead. Then walks over to stupid bar and raises it a few notches higher.*

Wow, ummmm, this woman was seriously stupid. I think that her husband should go ahead and call off the wedding right now...

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I can't imagine that her fiancee is all that happy, even though he says he his. She couldn't handle the pressure and couldn't face her family and friends - quite sad. This was to be a big wedding and they had 14 brides maids and 14 groomsmen (who would ever think of having that many in the first place?!?) And all those people who probably flew in for the wedding? All the catering and reserving the church and reception hall at the Atlanta Athletic Club.....you just don't pick up the phone and say we'd like to do this all again next Saturday :eek:

They say the wedding is not cancel, just postponed....I wonder how many people will show up to the next one?

D

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If its an open bar they will show up.
    :)

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That picture definitely shows her to be nothing but a coward. Apparently she has never had to take any responsibility in her life. I think that she should just go off into obscurity. Definitely don't want to see her on GMA or Oprah crying.

18. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

We passed the fiancee's house on the way to my piano lessons just yesterday. It was right after she had contacted the police, and they were taking down all the signs that showed her picture and "Missing."

The whole scene was pretty exciting. Tons of TV station vans with their antennas and satellites up and reports interviewing people. The whole front page of the local newspaper was devoted to her today.

But she is pretty stupid.

reality

19. spinner macrumors regular

What's truly sad about this is the cops were already starting to point the finger at the husband. Poor bastard, having to take the lie detector to prove he is innocent for a non-existent crime. Only to face the humiliation that his fiance' got cold feet and wasted everyone's time and effort.

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I wonder if she'll be getting her own Xanax-sponsored reality show now. :rolleyes:

21. spasticmutant macrumors member

Pressure makes some people react unpredictably, and an unfortunate few people in this world are "lucky", privileged, or smart enough never to have faced exceptionally high pressure earlier in life and learn to cope effectively from the experience. Getting married, divorced, or fired are among the most stressful events in a person's life.

This girl clearly snapped. It's better in the long run to find out NOW that she can't handle pressure then to learn this little tidbit too late - like after she's strapped her kids into the back seat and run her station wagon into a lake. If it costs a pretty penny and some social embarrassment, so what.

She's provided a rare glimpse into the future of what their life together may be like. Usually weaknesses like this don't start to emerge until after the honeymoon, or even years later. Believe me, the cost of this wedding now is nothing compared to the cost of their divorce later.

Anne Marie

22. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well put. What made this event more bizarre was her disappearance, not the fact that she ran away. Lots of people get cold feet and don't show up to the wedding - it's just that most don't hide from their families as well. She clearly had stress-related issues which should strongly suggest to her fiance that he reconsider and to her (or her family) that she get help. She snapped. Yes, true, she bought the tickets in advance or whatever, but it's possible to "snap" over a period of time. She felt desperate to get out, couldn't manage to do so properly for whatever reason, and fled. I don't condone the behavior. But I seriously doubt that she had any intention of having the community search for her, as people in such a state rarely consider such things.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't think that she snapped is the the news stories are true. If she purchased the the bus ticket a week ahead of time that shows planning on her part. It also now sounds as though she has broken laws in Georgia and New Mexico. A lot of police time and money was wasted. As one mentioned earlier today she should be prosecuted, but when it comes to sentencing leniency should be in order. Some community service and reimburse for the expenditures involved with her case.

24. emw macrumors G4

emw

Speaking of snapping - wdlove, this is perhaps the most brutal post I've ever seen from you :eek: :p

But I agree - it's sob stories like this that end up on Oprah or some other program that drive me crazy. Hopefully she'll drift off and we'll not have to deal with it anymore.