Georgia Man Commits Suicide At Ground Zero Because of Bush's Victory...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by t300, Nov 7, 2004.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Guess he wanted to beat dubya to it ;)

Seriously though, I think suicide is a little far to go for political protest, especially when there are so many other (and consitutionally guaranteed!) ways to do so.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Once again proving that idiocy is apolitical.

Also proves once again the craptastic standards of the WashTimes...

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i read this article on foxnews.com and cnn.com earlier in the day... not like the times was the only publication to pick this up...

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Fair enough. I have never liked the WashTimes, nor the NY Daily News for that matter, compared to the Post and the Times, repectively.

Also, considering the purely speculatory motives given, I wonder why anyone would feel the need to write a story like this at all. Smacks of the worst kind of journalism, imo.

6. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Regardless of who you wanted to win this is democracy. So you voted for Kerry and he lost. Nothing you can do about it so suck it up and go about living your life. I went into this election saying we were going to be screwed for the next 4 years regardless of who won. I did vote so don't flame me for that. Too many people are genuanly angry with the results of this election. This isn't the first time this won't be the last. but everyone needs to work together here.

It's amazing how many people turn out to vote for the position that effects them the least directly and then fail to show up and vote when their senators and representatives, both state and federal, and other local officals are up for office.

7. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

BETTER...http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/08/nyregion/08suicide.html

I agree, though...This guy just wanted attention and he obviously went about it the wrong way, seeing as he can't see that he made headlines. If you felt so strongly about something, as this guy supposedly was about the enviroment, and animals, and crap, then killing yourself is not the way you should go about it seeing as that there would then be one less hippie in this world to support you on your beliefs.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

thanks Jet... ;)

I believe that MacAztec has summed it up best.

This has very little to do, if at all, with Bush or politics in general. It has to do with again highlighting the lowest-common-denominator.

I do feel sorry for the man, his family and his fiance, however. Evidently, he must of had psychological problems, which had nothing to do with his political affiliation...(yeah, go ahead...make the Liberal jokes if you must)

9. sarae macrumors 6502

Is anyone else getting the "Celebrate Victory" ad at the Washington Times post, complete with a beaming Dubya?

Seems a bit harsh considering the context!

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

11. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Agreed. It's a very sad thing, but I think it's safe to say that this guy had some serious psychological problems and the political angle just makes it a nice trashy story for the press to exploit.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He'd rather kill himself than move to France? WTF? ;)

Seriously, there must have been some mental problems if you are leaving a fiance and stuff. That's not cool, unless maybe he really hated her.