Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Two of the three major mobile providers in Germany are said to be preparing for an iPhone 6s launch on Friday, September 18, reports German Apple news site Macerkopf [Google Translate]. Carriers expect the iPhone 6s to be available for purchase beginning on that date, which is in line with previous rumors and past launch timelines.

Earlier this month, BuzzFeed's John Packzkowski, who has reliably predicted several Apple event dates in the past, said Apple would hold its iPhone 6s launch event on Wednesday, September 9. After launch events, Apple typically accepts pre-orders on the Friday of the event week, before starting to ship orders on the following week.

If Apple accepts iPhone 6s pre-orders, we can expect them to become available beginning on September 11, with the iPhone then shipping out to customers on September 18, as cited by German carriers. It is not yet clear if Apple will be allowing pre-orders for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

For the iPhone 6, Apple introduced the device on Tuesday, September 9, began accepting pre-orders on Friday, September 12, and then launched the device on Friday, September 19. It appears the iPhone 6s will follow a very similar launch timeline.

As for iOS 9, Apple often releases the operating system a few days before the iPhone becomes available, suggesting we could see a public launch on Wednesday, September 16.

Apple's iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are expected to include an A9 processor, 2GB RAM, Force Touch capabilities, and an improved camera. While the devices will be the same size as the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, there may be a small increase in thickness and height to accommodate Force Touch and internal material and structural changes designed to make the devices less prone to bending.

Article Link: German Carriers Preparing for September 18 iPhone 6s Launch

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Will there be lines? Or is it gonna be another Apple Watch-style release?

Will be very dependent on your Carrier/Type of Plan/Change of Use/Plan.

There will be options only available to phones sold in Carrier Online orders and B&M's, and options only available for Apple Online Orders or in Apple B&M's. :apple:

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Get ready everyone....and of course sales will double compared to last years launch as Apple always says.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
so invitations coming asap I guess if event is september 9th?
that means confirmation of the rumors very soon :)

Reactions: APPLEFUNRF

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I will be ordering three 64GB 6S models and one 128GB 6S Plus on day one. Full upgrades for everyone in the family now that we all are on a Next plan. These plans will ensure huge launch numbers for Apple for years to come.

ogun7

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2001

There will be options only available to phones sold in Carrier Online orders and B&M's, and options only available for Apple Online Orders or in Apple B&M's. :apple:[/QUOTE]

What is "B&M"?

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Its that time of the year again !! so excited !
shutupandtake.jpg

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
I will be ordering three 64GB 6S models and one 128GB 6S Plus on day one. Full upgrades for everyone in the family now that we all are on a Next plan. These plans will ensure huge launch numbers for Apple for years to come.
Nonsense - I've been saying that for awhile and someone in the forum call me an idiot.

In my household, we will be upgrading 7 phones on day 1 - no reason to wait.

Reactions: iOSFangirl6001

Kar98

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2007

There will be options only available to phones sold in Carrier Online orders and B&M's, and options only available for Apple Online Orders or in Apple B&M's. :apple:

What is "B&M"?[/QUOTE]

"Brick and Mortar", cutesy business slang for physical retail locations, as opposed to online shops.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
How long did it take for the iPhone 6 to become available in stores as unlocked phone? Also do we expect shortages because of the new pressure sensitive screens?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.