German GP Thread!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Blackadder, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Kimi at pole (huge surprise), Montoya fast but crashes in qualifying....Button on the first row too.

Any predictions? Montoya could drive to a podium if he can get around Trulli.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks for starting this Lord Blackadder. I always mean to but end up forgetting about it. That iGav, he's made us soft. :p

Qualifying results:

I've just got this awful feeling Kimi wont make it to the top spot tomorrow (well, today for me actually :p ). With a good pit strategy and a bit of luck, I can see Michael doing pretty well here too. Sure, fifth spot isn't great by his standards but still, I've just got this hunch he'll go well.

By the way, what exactly happened to Montoya there? We get awful coverage over here (well, pretty much non existent to be honest).

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Both Kimi and Juan Pablo had big oversteer on the second last corner ( I think?) but JPM had it worse and, unable to correct, spun into the barrier. He probably would have been next to Kimi on the grid, so I'm hoping to see a nice drive if he can get through traffic.

4. iGav macrumors G3

Evening all :)

What a pleasant surprise seeing the thread already posted... good stuff Edmund. ;)

Kimi's looking unstoppable at the moment isn't he... hopefully he, actually that isn't fair... hopefully Mercedes will give him an engine allowing him to actually race Alonso. Committed lap though that's for sure... caught that slide beautifully. :)

It's a massive shame that Montoya slapped it into the barriers... he was soooooooooo close to Kimi's time... just looked like he put a little too much of his rear right on the kerb. Finally seems that he's getting on the pace though.

McLarens pace is pretty scary though, they're enjoying the kind of advantage that Ferrari enjoyed in '02 and '04 and you can bet your wife that Kimi ain't light.

Button and Schu are running light though... and out of the front runners I'm expecting Schu to pit way earlier than the rest, I get the feeling he was more show boating for his fans than anything else. :( time to focus on next years car boys.

Kimi for the win ;) then...

2. Alonso
    3. Fisi
    4. Button
    5. Schu
    6. Montoya
    7. Heidfeld
    8. Webber

Unless it rains of course... *crosses fingers* :D

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I think Schu should be able to do better than 5th tomorrow. I also hope Rubens makes it into the points, followed by quick nick, because my fantasy team has taken a BIG hit the past three races.

6. ecche macrumors regular

7. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Speaking of Minardi, Schu is driving the equivalent of a red Minardi speed-wise yet still finishing mid-pack - how cool is that!

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Know what sucks?

CBS' coverage of F1 :mad: I mean, the race has been over for a while now, and it STILL won't start showing for another 2 hours! WTF! And they don't replay it at all, and Speed can't replay for another week. Maybe I should write to Bernie and tell him what a dickwad he is. :mad:

9. iGav macrumors G3

First lap's good... the middle bit is quite boring, gets exciting again before the end. Who needs to watch it when you've got coverage like that... heheh

10. iHacker macrumors member

I wonder if Pablo spun out on purpose during quallifying just to make it harder for Kimi? Only if he would of not spun out he could of played interfiernce with the 3rd place driver. :cool:

11. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Micheal Schumacher didn't manage to finish at least 4th, finished 5th :(
    Another dissapointing race for Ferrari although Micheal qualified quite well...

Kimi, Engine Failure? Aw...

12. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Race a bit better than France and Uk

Not much overtaking on an overtaking circuit. :rolleyes:

I can see Kimi jumping ship to Ferrari for a wad of cash when M$ shows the slightest hint of retiring. Will deffo happen if Maclaren is as unreliable in 06 :cool:

If you wanted to see some racing you should have seen the wet MotoGp bike race from Donington Park :eek:

There are a few old drivers in that field especially Mr Villeneuve that need to seriously consider their future :mad:

13. iGav macrumors G3

Nah... had he managed to keep it on the island he'd have won, he was pretty much evens with Kimi even though he was carrying more fuel :eek:

I'm just wondering what people are thinking regarding an incident that Kimi is alleged to have purposely done in qualifying to disadvantage Alonso :eek:

14. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Arrrgh, stupid CBS coverage - I forgot that this race was going to be done live by CBS, not Speed. Now the rebroadcast doesn't start for an hour yet. This whole thing with CBS doing some of the races is *****. I'm plugging my ears and humming to avoid spoilers, but I've already seen Alonso as winner in the news, so hooray for him but I've yet to see the race. :mad:

15. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Don't think you can blame Villeneuve for Sunday - it looked like Monteiro was taking a hit out on him! :eek: :D

At least we did see some great overtaking moves (though not a lot) - Button on Schumacher (for reasons I have no idea ;) ) and Fisichella on Schuamcher. In fact - why don't we just have a race for 90 mins with Schumacher starting on pole with worn tyres - pretty much non-stop overtaking! :D

16. iGav macrumors G3

Fisi got past because of a fuel pick up problem... ;)

Why did the FIA have to f**k around with the rules again... :rolleyes: Schu'd be WDC by now if they hadn't... ;) actually he'd be WDC by now if he was driving either the Renault or the McLaren too. heheheh :p

Speaking of Button... what are peoples thoughts on the Buttongate 2?

17. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

2004 WWWWWWWAAAAA BOOOOO HOOOOO ME WANT TO GO TO WILLIAMS

2005 WWWWWWWAAAAA BOOOOO HOOOOO ME DONT WANT TO GO TO WILLIAMS NOW :p

Put Mr Button in a team with the likes of FA , KR or NH and we will see how good he is :D

18. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

As Mr Button's MacRumor's Official Fan(tm) I think that the contract problems are not really his fault. He wants to be in the best car he possibly can get into (reasonable) and the one he has the best chance in. Williams had more facilities and a bigger budget than BAR, and BMW engines last year. They've now lost BMW, and look likely to lose their big sponsors - especially the German ones - to Sauber. All in all, Button wants to stay with BAR because they will give him a better chance of winning races, as shown by their recent good performances. He was foolish for signing a contract so early, but you can't really blame him for trying to reneg-ing it. Williams aren't going anywhere fast. I think he's one of the best four drivers in the sport (with Kimi, Alonso and Michael Schumacher) and deserves being in a good car. If he was in a Mclaren tho...(drool)... ;) :eek: :D

19. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

He sure wasnt in 2001 and 2002 far off Fissi's pace and then compare Fissi to Alonso this year.

He has not shown me enough yet to convince me is not another playboy journeyman racer like Eddie Irvine :rolleyes:

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I tried watching it (downloaded :eek:) a few days ago. The start was quite interesting, what with both Ferraris (and about half the rest of the field) getting pushed wide in the first corner. After a few laps though, I could feel Ralph Shaheen sucking the IQ out of my ears, so I stopped watching. I knew the outcome anyway. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing some clips of JPM passing people at the hairpin (it must have happened for him to finish 2nd, he was brilliant in that corner multiple times last year)

21. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Irvine just got the Ferrari job because all of Schumacher's other drivers at the favouritism shown towards him - Irvine was given the job because it was thought that he wouldn't give a monkeys. For Button, I think he showed genuine pace in 2000 (but lost the William's drive because of Montoya's form in Indy) but was beaten by Fisi because of problems at Benetton/Renault starting the transition and the simple fact that Fisi had been at the team longer with Briatore as his agent. If you look at the moves Button has done over the last two years (Alonso last year and Schumacher this year at Hockenheim for example) and his consistent race and qualifying pace, he does an awesome job in what is at best only the third best car on the grid currently.