German Neo-Nazis

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by beatsme, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Neo Nazis have been on the rise in former Warsaw Pact countries since the fall of the wall. Russia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Poland all have fairly high unemployment rates and that just like the high unemployment rates in the Middle East, is what draws young men to extremist causes. The people who have paid the largest price are those from Africa and Asia who were in Eastern Europe before the wall fell.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

3. bemylover macrumors regular

Do those NeoNazis kill people? Is there any kind of statistics of killings by those in different countries in recent years?

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

When I was in frankfurt I saw no sign of it at all.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I was going to say Aryan terrorists, but it doesn't sound as good as Muslim extremists, or Islamofascist, or even ecoterrorists. Nazi extremists maybe? My favorite moment of the West Wing was when they pointed out that Muslim terrorists are to Islam what Nazis are to Christians. Too bad more people don't see that.

Here's another good one that's also kinda fitting:

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

There have been deaths from neo nazis, I don't know where you'd find the figures. Neo nazi is also a catch all term. Some may be simply extremely right wing and have nothing to do with hitler although most right wingers espouse many of his ideals.

8. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The name Jacob Robida comes to mind with Neo Nazi influence when this young man went on a killing rampage. He posted this on his myspace site entitled "Serial Killa" before striking first at a gay bar in MA, then crossing state lines to kill again before taking his own life.

Attached Files:

9. bemylover macrumors regular

Ugg, xsedrinam the reason I asked it is that Russian "skinheads" kill on regular basis, almost like once in a week, so I wanted to check if there is sanything nearly like that anywhere else in the world.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I don't believe there's anywhere near that level of killings in Germany. There have been a number of prominent cases in the past though. I can't recall any recently. The one that sticks in my mind took place in Rostock and a dormitory housing asylum seekers was set on fire. But that was about 6 or 7 years ago.

Maybe takao knows more?

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah hat is the most prominent case afaik... the last 'bigger' incident was like 2-3 months ago when a case was going through the media when 3 neo-nazis beat up some guy brutally or some thing like that but i don't remember the outcome

for getting a better picture i would recommend the verfassungsschutz bericht available on their site .. it's hundreds of pages and covers not only right wing extremism but also, left wing extremis, islamic extremis, other foreign extremism and scientology+other cults quite lenghty