Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I ordered my mac pro on the 19th of september, and it's delivery date is due on the 13th of October. Two more weeks to go!

If I go to the uk apple store however (Where i've ordered from) and BTO a macpro with exactly the same specs, it quotes me 3 days for delivery!

What gives with that, think it's worth phoning them up, and asking why if I ordered earlier, do I have to wait longer? :confused:

makes no sense to me, and I'm dying to get hold of my new toy!

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
nihilisticmonk said:
I ordered my mac pro on the 19th of september, and it's delivery date is due on the 13th of October. Two more weeks to go!

If I go to the uk apple store however (Where i've ordered from) and BTO a macpro with exactly the same specs, it quotes me 3 days for delivery!

What gives with that, think it's worth phoning them up, and asking why if I ordered earlier, do I have to wait longer? :confused:

makes no sense to me, and I'm dying to get hold of my new toy!

Theres build time and a delivery time. It sounds like its gonna take 3 weeks to build and 3 days to ship once its built.

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
stuartluff said:
Theres build time and a delivery time. It sounds like its gonna take 3 weeks to build and 3 days to ship once its built.

The quote on the apple site now is "estimated time to ship" which was at 3-4 weeks when I placed my order, so I think 3 days at the moment is accurate build time, then it'll be delivered after that.

I just called apple, and they're now saying it'll be ready between the 5th and the 11th, so hopefully I may get it a bit sooner :)

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
i think there are some internal parts which may delay the building/shipment.

ie, x1900 graphics card or higher. also the bluetooth/Airport card also lists an item which may cause delay.

i was about to buy one, but i think ill wait till the new quad core intel chips come in nov. hoping the price will drop on the dual core models some then.

honestly, what happened to the high end, yet lower price model? there is a gap in the line. they need an entry level mac pro.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
mdntcallr said:
i think there are some internal parts which may delay the building/shipment.

ie, x1900 graphics card or higher. also the bluetooth/Airport card also lists an item which may cause delay.

i was about to buy one, but i think ill wait till the new quad core intel chips come in nov. hoping the price will drop on the dual core models some then.

honestly, what happened to the high end, yet lower price model? there is a gap in the line. they need an entry level mac pro.
and what made you think the "quad core" intel chips will come in mac pro? have you seen how long the merom whining has been going on?

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
Bummer on your delivery. Mine took 8 total days, from the day I placed the order to when it was in my hands. I am in Seattle though. We usually do very well in transit time around the Pacific Rim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.