Get a load of this Anti-IBM Linux campaign

Discussion in 'Community' started by Linuxbuster, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Linuxbuster macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2004
    Hey there, new poster to the board.....just thought y'all would get a kick of this site I was fwded against that creepy Linux kid IBM is pawning off.

Some of the posts arent bad on the site.
  2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Well, when I checked, a number of the posts didn't exactly agree with that guy's contention that IBM is "masking" ads for Linux.

To tell you the truth, I'm more concerned with vague political ads. Right now there's one urging us locally to vote for issue 31. It'll bring technology to our region, create know, the usual vague promises. No clue as to what the actual issue language says, and while I'm sure there was a signature ("Paid for by..."), it whizzed by so fast I didn't see it, and even if I had, I doubt it would've really told me anything. I'm just supposed to vote for it because they said so.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail you from the IBM-Linux subject. I find those ads ambiguous too, but I just tune 'em out.
  3. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    The comments seems be nothing but f- you after f- you...

I don't know what is wrong with people in this world...
  4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    This guy is a idiot.

If you never too an ad class you wouldn't know.

This one car commerical which had no images of the car it was 'advertising for' got such a buzz that the ad turned out to be great.

I think the Linux ads are for buisness people who know what it is... not people who don't know what it is.
  5. mvc macrumors 6502a

Jul 11, 2003
    This guy is being a dipstick - People don't like ads that are smarter than they are