Get Album Artwork not working?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LukeW, Sep 12, 2006.

1. LukeW macrumors member

Just tried the get album artwork feature and it isnt working quite right. Gets some of them, but a lot are just left blank, and I am not talking about rare albums or ones that arent available on iTunes as that is pretty obvious, I am talking about American Idiot and Demon Days, you know, big hitters not being detected. I got some theories, maybe if you change the name of the album, say from 'made up album (bonus tracks)' which is how some UK albums appear when they have extra tracks to just 'made up album' or maybe when you import some songs before, and then some later on, but none of those really seem to make all that much sense, so anyone got any ideas? Maybe Apple just havent implemented it all properly yet? :rolleyes:

2. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

No idea what's going on, but it doesn't work for me either.

3. CellarDoor macrumors member

CellarDoor

same with me, after it loaded a bunch clicked "get album artwork" again, and it started round two. 530 covers to pick up, each time. kinda bizarro.

4. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

You can get individual album artwork by selecting a whole album then right clicking or whatever you do to get the menu up and then selecting get album artwork. It gets that one only as apposed to going up to advanced which does them all. Still doesnt fix the problem of missing out albums though! No Greenday for me.

5. sanford macrumors 65816

It's working for me. The whole library -- pretty fast, too.

6. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

Just redownloaded again, still ignoring the albums, will try reuploading an album after using the get CD Track Names feature. That may possibly work.

7. sanford macrumors 65816

But it's not updating my 5G iPod with the new album artwork -- I'm wondering if I'll have to do a restore on the iPod to get the art over on it.

8. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

Ladies and gentlemen, if your iTunes doesnt recognise the album and doesnt get the artwork, upload your album again but before you do, reset the track names, it appears to have worked with American Idiot!

9. LukeW thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, ignore that, it appears to have worked itself out now, just tested it on Demon Days, without uploading it, and it found the artwork!

10. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I get the feeling that iTMS is getting some pretty heavy traffic right now--it might be contributing to the difficulty...

11. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

iTunes isn't actually doing what i tell it :S i tell it to clear an albums artwork cos is plain rubbish in it wont do it and it wont update artwork properly either if i click find artwork it doesnt do anything hmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

maybe its because you changed something. I know that I change the genres of cds I upload from what they are. Maybe itunes just doesn't recognize an album because I changed the genre from rock to metal or something like that.

13. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I have some low qual. covers that I want replacing - I had to delete them from the Info (Apple+I) pane before iTunes would set new ones in place.

[Sorry if its not what you want to do, I don't have enough time to read the whole thread but wanted to try and help]

14. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Re-importing fixed my problems with getting album art.
    Painfully slow though.

15. ehayut macrumors member

My Get Album Artwork doesn't work, and neither does my Clear Album Artwork. Also, I don't want to reimport my CD since I don't want to lose play count, etc.

16. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'm pissed, I already had most of the artwork in 600x600 from back when tpemble's site worked, but when it went down, I had to settle for 150x150 from the iTMS. So when I heard about this feature, I promptly deleted all the artwork in my library, thinking I'd get it all back in 600x600 anyway. I was wrong. This new feature sucks so far. It says there's no artwork for the obvious well-known CDs and then when it does find artwork, it's usually the wrong one!

Lame. They better fix this. I'm probably going to call Apple right now.

Daniel.