Get and Extra Power Adapter?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Saluki Alex, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Saluki Alex macrumors 6502

I'm heading off to school next Thursday and have been pondering whether or not to get an extra power adapter for my MBP. My main concern is the fact that if my current one stopped working or got lost, I'd have to drive around 2-3 hours away to get a new one. I also figured that if I had an extra, I'd keep one in my backpack and leave one at the dorm, which would permit me to charge my MBP if need be instead of heading all the way across campus back to the dorm.

Any advice?

2. jne381 macrumors regular

You listed very good reasons for getting one. If it doesn't empty your pocket too much, it is a very convenient thing to have.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have two for my iBook and find it very convenient -- one stays at school and one is at home, plus does travel duty should I desire to use it at a location other than those two places. :)

4. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

PaulinMaryland

I've been talking myself into ordering a spare for my daughter's MacBook for the very reasons you give! I'm probably one paycheck away from buying it.

My fear is that she'll leave it in the college library.

But also, it would be cool to leave the second one hooked up in the dorm room with the extra-long cord attached, to let her roam a bit.

When she's back at home with us, she could keep one by her bed, the other somewhere else. Or if she's just visiting for the weekend, she could leave one in her dorm room so that she's not "stuck" if she accidentally leaves the other one at our home.

Too bad no one makes a clone for less money. I guess that's because of Apple's patents on the magnetic connector.

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I have one for my desk and one for the road. I love it!

6. Saluki Alex thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I just ordered it, and with my Edu. discount, it ended up costing around $75 (incl. tax) and free shipping. Quite pricey for the peace of mind and convenience, but I think it will be worth it.

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc