Get back Dashboard icon in the Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kardashian, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I accidentally removed the Dashboard icon from the dock - anyone know how to get it back?

Thanks..

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

go to your applications folder and just drag it down their

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Oh. My. GOD.

Whats a matter with me today? Seriously?

It skipped my mind to even check the App. folder, for some reason I thought it was like the Dock, it runs as part of the system, or FrontRow, and therefore isn't an App. with an icon that a user can open and close at will.

Thanks, very embarissed.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

its ok, i forgot how to set keyframes in FC :eek:

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

heck, I still don't know how to do that. :eek: Maybe never using it might have something to do with that......:D

6. PigeonCake macrumors newbie

Just for the record I've just googled this because it's been bugging me for weeks now...and I'm also quite embarrassed...

7. marikavs macrumors member

2011 Update - SnowLeopard

I didn't forget that, but I 'forgot' something I didn't know. In SnowLeopard you have to first "Open in Finder" and then drag! It wasn't until I read a post which talked about dragging it from the Finder that I realized the white-on-black list from Applications, which I despise btw, might not belong to the Finder. (I couldn't drag from there.) Now I also understand why one of the entries at the bottom (below Options when you Name-Folder-List it in the dock) is "Open in Finder." I use it a lot. What I don't understand is why "they" created the white-on-black to begin with.