Get current MBP or wait for C2D MBP? Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by redsox786, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. redsox786 macrumors member

    Sep 13, 2006
    Hey guys!

    I really need your guys' help. I really want a new laptop for school. Should I get the current MBP's or wait for the MBP with the Core 2 Duo? If so, does anyone have any idea when they will be released? I also wanna wait for the new ones so they can get rid of all of the problems I've heard from the current MBP (overheating, etc.) What do you guys say?

    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
  2. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

    Apr 23, 2006
    South Australia, Australia
    this sort of question is a constant staple of this forum - and I think I've read most of them - do a bit of a search and there are some well considered opinions about this.

    My objective opinion, would be besides the usual if you 'need' it 'now' then get it now - would be to wait until at least a revB if you can. What that revB may look like is anyone's guess. However perhaps all the bugs are pretty much worked out now anyway - so it may not matter.

    I personally like to wait until a revision before I purchase - but that's only b/c I've had the luxury of time (at the time).

    Can't answer the latter part of your question about the pros and cons of Core 2 Duo (that doesn't interest me as much as reliability).
  3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

    Jul 27, 2006

    Wait if you want.

    Buy if you need.

    So, yeah, I would say wait.
  4. prady16 macrumors 6502


    Aug 24, 2006
    Right There --->
  5. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a


    Jun 21, 2004
    ct, us
    there couldn't possibly be more threads on this subject...

    so really, if you NEED a computer now, buy it. the current MBP is great. but if you can wait potentially a few months, you might want to...
  6. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a


    May 2, 2005
    Tons of threads on this subject. I expect generik and viccles to hop in too.

    Right now, we're close enough to a Rev B that waiting isn't a stupid thing. So if you can wait, then wait. If you can't wait, then it's no question - get the machine now, because it's a good machine. Either way, you're well off, but waiting will get you some nice goodies.

Share This Page