Get iMac or Wait for PowerBook??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jc27, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. jc27 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2005
    Location:
    Boston
    #1
    Hi, I'm jc, longtime viewer, first-time poster.

    I have a dilemma. I need a new computer, and have narrowed it down to a PowerBook 12" with SuperDrive. And so, I have waited since WWDC for some sort of PowerBook update, to no avail. My second choice was a 17" iMac with SuperDrive, and it is looking better and better with the Massachusetts tax holiday on Sunday. So, what should I do? Am I being stupid to believe there will be an update to the PowerBook (7748?)? Should I get the current PB, wait for an update, or just get the iMac?
    Suggestions?! :confused:
     
  2. zim macrumors 65816

    zim

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    #2
    Difficult question... debating between a desktop and a portable. Personally I would wait another few weeks for the event only because it seems that you have your mind set on a laptop. Even if they do come out with new powerBooks you then risk the potential 4-6 week wait prior to getting one. So I guess my advise would be to figure out how desperate you are for a new computer at this current moment and also what would suite your needs best i.e. desktop or laptop.
     

Share This Page