Get iMac or Wait for PowerBook??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jc27, Aug 10, 2005.

1. jc27 macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2005
    Hi, I'm jc, longtime viewer, first-time poster.

I have a dilemma. I need a new computer, and have narrowed it down to a PowerBook 12" with SuperDrive. And so, I have waited since WWDC for some sort of PowerBook update, to no avail. My second choice was a 17" iMac with SuperDrive, and it is looking better and better with the Massachusetts tax holiday on Sunday. So, what should I do? Am I being stupid to believe there will be an update to the PowerBook (7748?)? Should I get the current PB, wait for an update, or just get the iMac?
    Suggestions?! :confused:
  2. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Difficult question... debating between a desktop and a portable. Personally I would wait another few weeks for the event only because it seems that you have your mind set on a laptop. Even if they do come out with new powerBooks you then risk the potential 4-6 week wait prior to getting one. So I guess my advise would be to figure out how desperate you are for a new computer at this current moment and also what would suite your needs best i.e. desktop or laptop.