"Get Info" in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dichtert, Dec 3, 2006.

1. dichtert macrumors newbie

When the "Get Info" window is brought up when multiple items are highlighted, the window includes: "artist", "album artist", "album", "grouping", "composer", "comments", and "genre". However, "get info" for a single highlighted item brings up "name", "artist" "album" "artist", "album", "grouping", "composer", "comments", and "genre". Is there a way to add "name" to this list on the get info list for multiple items?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Why?

Do you want to change the title to the same thing on multiple songs on a regular basis?

If you explain what you want to achieve, maybe someone can suggest a suitable script... :)

3. dichtert thread starter macrumors newbie

Why the info change?

I use my iPod for my classsical music collection. Sometimes the induvidual tracks on the CD are filled with info about the track and many times after I've entered the CD into iTunes I try to tweak the names on the induvidual tracks and when a CD has a lot of tracks I'd like to find a way to do batch changes rather than manually edit each track induvidually. For example when iTunes defaults to Gracenotes CDDB it often misspells the name of the composer. Its a pain in the butt reentering the correct spelling of the name Rachmaninoff 18 times.
    Thanks for your reply

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Doug's Scripts has two scripts you'll need to pull off renaming all your tracks to the same name. :p

Search for: Append to Selected Tag and Remove n Characters From Front to Back.

There might be others that do it in one step. :) I'm thinking Copy Tag Info Tracks to Tracks will do it better, but a little cumbersome to implement.

luv ya bunches! xoxoxo

5. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

The spelling "Rakhmaninov" is probably the closest, but I would still prefer "Rachmaninov" to "Rachmaninoff." But then I'm into Russian, not classical music.