Get iPhone pics without iPhoto?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by qtrim, Dec 20, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

qtrim

Is there a way on Mac/Lion to get my pictures off my iPhone without using iPhoto? In Windows, you can just drag and drop them where you like. I wan that same functionality with my Mac.

2. macrumors 6502

Image Capture will probably do it - it's on all Macs. Or buy Aperture for the laughably low fee on the App Store - great app

3. macrumors 6502a

image capture, its already on the laptop, i started a thread about custom videos, and image capture lets you take anything off from your phone.

4. macrumors P6

Intell

Use Image Capture. Its an app in the Applications folder.

5. macrumors 6502

Pow! How fast are the replies on this forum! lol

Seriously - I love the little apps that come with the Mac - Preview, Image Capture, etc - they're fantastically good

6. macrumors P6

MacDawg

I use an app called PhotoSync and it has worked well

7. thread starter macrumors regular

qtrim

You guys are awesome. I'm only two week into owning a Mac and I couldn't figure that out. I dont care for iPhoto at all. I dont like something else managing several versions of my photos.

8. macrumors demi-god

iArch

You're far from alone. Head on down to the Mac Apps forum and search for ways to avoid using iPhoto. Briefly, I use Google's Picasa to manage pics on my Mac. It preserves your folder/file structure and easily manages snagging pics from your iPhone.

9. macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm always amused when I see people who don't like their computer to do computations for them. That's kind of, you know, the point of owning one.

But hey...I'm not here to convince you otherwise, you can do whatever you like. All I know is that if I couldn't have Aperture or Light Room I'd probably shoot myself.

10. macrumors demi-god

iArch

11. macrumors regular

I just bought a MacBook recently. Why all the disdain for iPhoto? It works fine to me.