Get it? .Mac IS RENDEZVOUS, ICHAT, ETC!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JG of Borg, Jul 16, 2002.

1. JG of Borg macrumors newbie

Doesn't everyone get it?

.Mac IS Apple's implementation of RENDEZVOUS. Look here (from Apple's Site):

See? I have looked at screenshots (I do NOT have Jaguar) and it is pretty apparent.

For example, there is a ".Mac screensaver" option. That is OTHER PEOPLE ON YOUR NETWORKS pictures folders!
    And in the help for Jaguar, it says iTools is a .Mac service! Log in (in system prefs) with your .Mac name - for iChat for example, or Mail. See?

Unless this is all just out-of-date or misinformation.:D

Etc... or am I drawing completely the wrong conclusions:confused:

Thanks,
    JG of Borg

2. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

This sounds like an alright theory, but I think everyone is getting way to amped about .mac Honestly, I figgure its just a new reference name that incorporates services.

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Rendezvous is for local networks only. It's used so that people on the same network can 'see' each other, and share files without having to mess with the settings. I don't think that apple could make it part of their .mac thing...

4. holmesf macrumors 6502a

No no no. You've got it all wrong bub.

Rendevouz is just something to replace the good but aged Appletalk. It has to do with connecting to local networks and has nothing to do with .mac. From what I saw, the .mac services had to do with the internet and iTools, not local networks. You could say have a slideshow of your (itools subscribed) friends recent pictures off of the internet.