Get logic now or wait for new version?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by user1234, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    #1
    Hi!

    I'm about to get Logic Studio and is wondering weather or not you think I should wait for a new version? I have heard a rumor about it being released at WWDC, but that didn't happen. I will be using MainStage a lot, and it hasn't got much love since it was released, so I'm kinda hoping there will be som major improvements to it. Maybe they will wait until Snow Leopard is released in order to use OpenCL in Logic?

    If I buy now and a new version comes out next month, do you think I can get the new version without having to pay for a full upgrade?
     
  2. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2007
    #2
    I just put my order in for Logic. I have no clue about the update, but I have heard rumors. Who the hell knows though. I say if you need it now, get it. You could be waiting around for a while? But again, it's a gamble.
     
  3. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #3
    There won't be an update until after snow leopard and who knows how long after that, like most computer things, if you need to use it now then buy it now, the upgrade most likely won't cost that much...
     
  4. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    #4
    Thank you for your answers. I have put my order in and will hopefully get it on monday. I'm really exited! :)
     
  5. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2007
    #5
    Congrats! I just put my order in last week, so I should get mine about Tuesday. It's not worth waiting around for an update, especially when you consider ALL of the things that Logic can do. Enjoy! :)
     
  6. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2008
  7. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008

Share This Page