Get More active members?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by menziep, Jul 30, 2006.

1. menziep macrumors 6502a

Jan 21, 2006
    There are lots of not active members on MR's.

Some other fourms like ST-RP has started sending `Wake Up Calls' Via Email to there inactive members to try and get there fourms more active.

Maybe do something like this on mac rumors?

Please Post Your Comments

BTW where can i find the forum stats
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i don't think we need more active members to be honest. the forums are alive and thriving... there really is no need to try and get more and more people posting. it'll just require more moderation and more issues to surface. there are a lot of people here posting. trust me, i may not be one of the earliest members around, but i've been here for two and a half years now and there are more people active now than before. a lot more.
  3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Wanna see active? Wait until 30 mins after Steve Jobs' keynote.

Then many of us will be moaning 'cos we can't get on to post. I think sustainable organic growth is the goal...

Build it and they will come.
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm a member of one forum where if you don't post anything for a week, it throws up an irritating message saying why don't I post a question or comment. If anything, I suspect it leads people to spam or log out.

If people are interested, they'll stay around. If they're not, they won't.
  5. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    Every large forum has the issue of a large percentage of inactive members. While MR could prune its membership base to those members who are not active for a year, but I believe that issue has been raised before.

There is a high percentage of 'MR bums' who make this place their home, so in that regards, it is quite a nice little community. :p
  6. dbhays macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2005
    Salinas, CA
    I try to post more, but I really come here for information. I believe that you really shouldn't post something unless it is constructive towards the topic. Besides, this isn't a very friendly place to post sometimes. I see lots of threads being derailed, or critics complaining that it has been discussed before, that you should use the search function, or comments making newer or infrequent posters feeling like their post was stupid. I know it's not everyone, but every time I post something I wonder if I will be dissed, ignored, or rerouted. I have to admit though, this is happening less as I get used to how things work around here.