Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Why do people get down ranked when talking positive about Lion?
Because Lion didn't come with full screen chess as promised. :)

Only problem (as of yesterday) with Lion is that I have to reconnect to my WiFi almost every time the computer wakes from sleep!
Yep. That's why I went back to SL. 6 weeks now and not a single wi-fi dropout.

But if I didn't have an Exchange account and Outlook, I'd still need Lion for iCloud.

hymark999

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
MAJOR MISTAKE - Do Not Upgrade

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro - 8GB of RAM. Upgrading to Lion has been nothing but just short of a nightmare. I thought I left the PC world behind - with Lion I think I have returned to that ugly world. Since upgrade I have had to reboot on a regular basis, Finder freezes, programs inexplicably close, Fusion 4 is now freezing - need I say more. There is absolutely NOTHING compelling about LION to take the risk. I should have known better than to upgrade when I already had a good thing. Apple just dropped down to a level that is much closer to the PC world - ugh!

iphonewizard

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
I have a 2010 MacBook Pro - 8GB of RAM. Upgrading to Lion has been nothing but just short of a nightmare. I thought I left the PC world behind - with Lion I think I have returned to that ugly world. Since upgrade I have had to reboot on a regular basis, Finder freezes, programs inexplicably close, Fusion 4 is now freezing - need I say more. There is absolutely NOTHING compelling about LION to take the risk. I should have known better than to upgrade when I already had a good thing. Apple just dropped down to a level that is much closer to the PC world - ugh!

I had many problems with upgrading from SL to Lion with my 2011 early Macbook Pro. Poor battery, sloppy memory management, and slow as heck.

When I did a fresh install, all problems went away. I have my 7 hours back on the battery. Nice and smooth. Works like a champ. I'm staying with Lion. I would suggest a fresh install of Lion and forget the time machine restore.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Is it still that bad? i was actually considering doing the upgrade this weekend as a geek project since i'm bored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.