Get paid apps back after restore

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by barr08, Mar 11, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

barr08

Hey all,

I can't figure out how to get the apps I paid for back after I restored my iPhone. I don't can't find the .ipa file or anything. Any ideas?

I apolgize if this has been covered a million times before, I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and need to get this info asap.

Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

do you have the apps on your itunes library? if you dont itunes should give you an option, if you backed your iphone before, to get all the data back from the back up you made

3. macrumors 65816

First off is the standard way - open iTunes, click on your device on the left, then in the window that comes up go to the Applications tab and make sure all apps are checked, then hit Sync.

Now, if you didn't do a full backup before a restore, and deleted them from your PC as well, then what you need to do is go to the iTunes store and "buy" them all back. Don't worry, you won't get charged, you just have to redownload everything.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah, its weird. I have been switching comps a lot recently, and iTunes handles all that very poorly.

So if I go back to holdem in the app store, and buy the app, it will download but wont charge me? I tried doing that and it gave me the "about to purchase" warning. Should I disregard that and try anyways?

5. macrumors regular

Yes. Unlike songs you can re-download apps for free. I've never done it from within iTunes but have on the phone itself and a message pops up after you enter your password etc. saying that you have already purchased it and press OK to re-download it for free.

6. macrumors member

Minus Human

Had the same worries before. Purchase the app(s) once more.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

OK I will give this a shot with my cheaper app as a test run. I feel like I have switched so many computers and reformatted the iPod too many times for this to just work out, but I trust y'all here at MR, so I'll let you know what happens!

8. macrumors newbie

Help

I tried this but it said "This update is free because you own a previous version of this item. To get this update now, select OK." afterwards i press OK but the app just disappears and it won't install. PLEASE HELP!!!!