Get ready, here comes the iPod mini - and a revolution in ho...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 11, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm sure a lot of people are interested in these, but rather pay the extra NZ$60 (US$38) and get the 15 gig :)

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

I see that the main Sounds Store in Queen St (Auckland, NZ) has got their iPod listening kiosk installed in the front of the store. The 20Gig iPods have about 250+ songs loaded on them for your browsing pleasure. The kiosk also has a card with all the relevant iPod pricing info on it. Good timing for the school holidays.

4. macrumors 601

stoid

I love the ending of the article. It's like some sick disclaimer at the end so that it doesn't sound too positive. Oh, and by the way, don't buy one or some creep will whack you upside the head and steal it from you.

5. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Apple has just had 100,000,000 downloads!!! check out the front page of their website
    http://www.apple.com/
    Time 17.39 NZST 12/07/04

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's good to see them being promoted, although it's still cheaper to import one from Australia than it is to buy locally.

7. macrumors 68040

shamino

CDDA is not AIFF!

I with authors would check their facts.

The article claims that audio CDs are encoded using AIFF. This is not true. While the most common variant of AIFF is uncompressed and CDDA is uncompressed, you can not say that CDDA is AIFF. Heck, using that argument, you may as well say that AIFF is synonymous to WAV, VOC (an old Creative Labs format) and System-7 sound-resource files - they all support uncompressed formats as well.