Get ready Mac Males!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Chad4Mac, May 2, 2003.

1. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

That's right, get ready Mac males. You know those "Switchers" campaigns -- they are drawing in women! Check out a quote from a recent visit (yesterday) to Apple HD by a ML Analyst:

"Apple believes that its Switcher campaign is gaining traction. Switchers to the Mac platform tend to be younger than the company?s traditional customer base and are more likely to be women. Many of Apple?s newer stores are in malls where 80% of the traffic tends to either be women or people younger than 35 years old."

This can only be good news. More Mac babes :)

...as oppossed to Mac dudes :(

What about a specific Mac Girl Computer; a computer specifically design for a women...

Just a thought...

The whole Doc is Here. Click on Apple Doc. Good reading about Apple

Chad4Mac

2. rundevilrun macrumors member

heh heh I could use a Mac babe, I'm just itchin' to buy a Mac for a girl on her birthday. :D

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

A Mac girl computer is a terrible idea. What would be different?? The tech industry has traditionally been stacked against women - who are now catching up very quickly. I can't imagine a program, OS, or piece of hardware geared towards women that wouldn't appear condescending.

4. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

If I had a girlfriend right now, I would buy her a Mac. To me, girls look way more sexy typing on a Mac. I think a new iBook would do the trick...aaahhhhh.

Chad4Mac

5. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Nerds...

:)

6. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, what about the colorful Clamshell iBooks and iMacs. I think Apple had a specific agenda -- women in mind -- when they produced those models, and not just to differentiate its computer from beige boxes. Surely, the notion that women might like a more eye appealing computer is not out of the question...

I think it would be cool to have a computer geared towards a women market, but I don't exactly know what the differentiating factors would be, other than color.

Chad4Mac

7. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I will be buying a 17" iMac from general cybernetics in october for my gilfriends birthday.

-Doc

8. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Funny!

But, I'm not a nerd -- far from it to be exact. I think if I saw a girl typing on a Mac, I would think that she, without even speaking to her, has way more style and uniqueness to her. She sets herself above the rest and is easy to understand.

Note: the difference between Mac and PC/ comparison to women...

:rolleyes:

Chad4Mac

9. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

My ex was the one who got me on a Mac. I will always remeber her because of that:(

Chad4Mac

10. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Holy crap, dude, you must be gettin paid! Hope she appreciates it :eek:

11. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

the last three females i saw using powerbooks or ibooks on campus were...let's see...how to put this....ah...they weren't "lookers"...that's for sure

12. vniow macrumors G4

There is no male or female computer, its a damn piece of plastic and metal, what's drawing more women to the Apple stores is how they market those pieces of plastic and metal, if you want to get more women using Macs, figure out why women want to buy computers and expand on that.

13. rundevilrun macrumors member

lol I think the big attraction is I've gotten tired of helping women get their pc's working and I just can't say no to them. :)

14. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

You got to come out to Los Angeles. I'll bet you that the most hottest Mac Girls are out here.

I've walked into countless SB's and Coffee Beans -- it's a problem, this coffee thing -- and seen real cute girls with Macs. They must be in the "business."

But, don't get me wrong, I have seen a couple of bueatiful girls on PCs too.

Chad4Mac

15. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

I would have to disagree with you on the "its a damm piece of plastic and metal." Man, if it's just a piece plastic why the hell do I treat my Macs like they were Gold! :)

I think women what to buy Mac just like males want to buy macs. They are great for photos, movies and browsing the interent wirelessly, amonst other things. However, I have bought several Macs for my boss's family (mostly girls) and they wanted Macs because they, "look so cute."
    And I would defenitely think that there are computers that appeal to girls, say, like the iBook over the 17in PB. Or the iMac over the PowerMac.

Chad4Mac

16. vniow macrumors G4

I'd have to agree with this, there are some objects (not just computers) that tend to attract women over men, the Dalmation iMac for example, I don't know a single guy that doesn't puke when he sees it, I think its cute.[​IMG]

17. Zeke macrumors 6502

I don't know, my wife thinks the 17in PB is very sexy. She might have a problem if I try and get the 15 when it comes out.

18. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess for her, size does matter...easy does it, Chad. Sorry, I had to say it -- total joke. It is Friday, you know:) Wait, that just gave me a great idea on how to market computers to women...

Well, the point here is that you will be buying the computer for yourself with guidence from your wife. What would your wife want for a computer?

Personally, I would be a little timid approaching a girl with a PowerBook. Because I'm a little old fashion, I'd pefer the girl to have the iBook and me to have the 17in PB. It's a mascalinity thing/issue I have with myself, I guess.

I just think it is so "cute" to see a hot chick with a iBook in your lap -- very sophisticated and sexy.

Chad4Mac

19. Zeke macrumors 6502

I thought this was hilarious...perfect way to market them. The 17" Apple Powerbook. Because to women, size really does matter...

I'd have to agree...a hot chick with an iBook in YOUR lap is sexy...not too sure about sophisticated but whatever...

20. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I would definitely have to agree.

Chad4Mac

21. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Sorry, dude. NYC has the hottest Mac Girls. :cool:

(not to mention the hottest girls in general)

22. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

you've just got to hope she doesn't decide to pay this thread a visit

23. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

my girlfriend switched and its all my fault. Biggest mistake of my life! she's soooo into her mac, beginning to wonder if i'm taking second place with my humble iBook. No match for her 1Ghz 17" iMac (w/superdrive!).

24. Chad4Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

You know what, you might be right. I was out in NY for a couple of weeks this summer, and my God was I impressed with the tgalent out there. Extremely hot.

Although, LA does have a large -- extremely large -- playground of beautiful girls. And in LA, you can go down to the beach and find them all chilling. Ah, but you guys have central park...man, I got to get out there again. I Love NY.

We should post real photos of Mac Girls LA vs. Mac Girls NY...but that might be to much effort. If I come across a hot chick with a Mac, I'll post it (obviously with her permission).

We'll see who's got the hottest chicks!

:)

Chad4Mac