Get Tiger, or wait for Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cloudgazer, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

    Cloudgazer

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    Location:
    RSA
    #1
    I'm still running 10.3.9 and have been wanting to upgrade to Tiger.
    But since Leopard is just around the corner, maybe I should wait for it.

    When is Leopard expected to be released?

    I'm assuming that if i don't get Tiger, i can upgrade directly from 10.3.9

    any advice?
     
  2. JFreak macrumors 68040

    JFreak

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Location:
    Tampere, Finland
    #2
    Yes, you should. Why buy now if you haven't bought already? Waste of money at this point.

    It will be announced in WWDC this August. People are expecting release in December-January time frame. Optimists are guessing November, and some think that it will be released just before NAB in April.

    Yes, you can. Leopard will install on every supported Apple hardware regardless of the previous OS install or lack of.
     
  3. Cloudgazer thread starter macrumors 6502

    Cloudgazer

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2005
    Location:
    RSA
    #3
    Thanks Jfreak.

    Guess i will wait.

    Last night I went to a workshop at an Apple store here, and they highlighted some of the amazing things automator can do...
    Man, that app is just friggin amazing.
     
  4. Mord macrumors G4

    Mord

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    some day i'll do a direct upgrade from the public beta direct to 10.6 or something.

    you could just get a cheap copy off ebay for like 50 bucks, leopard is still like 9 months away.
     

Share This Page