Gettin' A/V into my iBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stevietheb, Mar 4, 2004.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I'm looking for some device (USB or Firewire) that will allow me to input and output A/V -- preferably, S-Video, and standard "RCA."

Why do I need this? 1) I want to get my Bob Dylan LP collection into iTunes, 2) Since I don't have a SuperDrive (yet...may be buying a desktop in the next few months), I'd like to be able to master iMovie and FCE stuff on to VHS, or S-VHS.

Cost is most important...I'm willing to go with the cheapest possible item. Anyone have suggestions?

thanks.

2. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

For you audio, you might try iMic
    I should also look for a DV bridge. Try google.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

If you are working w/ video, do you have a digital camcorder? If your camcorder has a firewire port you can use it as a pass-thru for your analogue video...if not look at a dv bridge(as prev. mentioned)...

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

to connect mac to stereo, rca connector cost 5$. to connect lp turntable to mac, read this

5. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Looks like iMic will solve my LP recording problem. I can't wait to get that fuzzy sound in iTunes.

I'm skeptical about using my DV camcorder as a bridge...I've got a low-end Sony DV cam, but I'll give it a go and see what transpires. In the meantime, I'm creating iDVDs and hoping that an eMac with a SuperDrive will find its way into my house.

Thanks.

6. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Bought the iMic today ($34.99 at CompUSA seemed reasonable). Looking for software to record.

I'll test out the DV Camcorder as a bridge later, I'm not wanting to spend the kind of money that these things cost...

thanks for the help