Gettin into a club

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Patmian212, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey all,
    I am 17 and this is the first club I'm gonna try to get into in madrid(I've only been in ibiza). I am 17 years old, dont have facial hair, I'm rockin the "stubble". I am going with a girl who is also 17 and she look quite a bit older. I am gonna wear a dress shirt and dark pants and leather shoes. Now what I want to know is, how likely am I going to be to get IDed. A reminder to our friends accross the pond it is quiet a bit easier to get into a club in madrid then in NYC. Any advice?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

They will card you(like I know:p)....kick you to the curve then let your girl in...but good luck none the less:)

How tall are you...you might get away due to how tall u are.

Bless

3. Queso macrumors G4

In Madrid they aren't going to care on the way in. Just behave youselves and you'll be fine.

4. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I better behave myself, drinks are 15 euros!

I am around 1.80m

EDIT: 2NY you know no player haters gonna touch my girl

5. iShane macrumors 6502a

How old are you supposed to be to get into a club in Madrid?

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

If you get carded, just give the bouncer a little cash tucked underneath your ID.

PS for 15 Euros a drink, you'd better be drinking molten silver or 18 year old scotch.

7. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

That is 100% the truth.

Around here, *everyone* is carded, regardless of the shade of their pants, their shaving habits, or whether or not their shoes are made of leather.

They actually scan the ID under a black light (Michigan ID's have holographic circles that illuminate under UV).

Don't slip the bouncer cash either, that's just asking for trouble. At the very least, he'll do the above (as quoted) and keep your cash for himself.

Save the two of you the embarrasment and do something you *know* you can.

8. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

s'probably 18, like most of europe.

i never got ID'd going to clubs until the night of my 18th birthday. i'd been going to them since i was 14-15, and of course this is the first time i didn't have any ID on me :rolleyes:

never been to madrid for this type of evening activity but barcelona was good :)

of course, back in the day when i actually enjoyed doing all that young person stuff. :rolleyes:

9. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

18 years old

10. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Remember- they are talking about Europe. Beer and bars are 16 and clubs+hard alcohol are 18. I'm 16 with no facial hair (except some sideburns) but I am 6' 2" and look older. I got into a club in Monacco no problem. I left because I don't like mixed drinks and beer was 37 euro a pint. I'd say you'll get in just fine. Just don't be a dick and act like you own the place. Thats a good way to get a bouncer angry.

Good luck!

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Dude, it's not like they're going to break your grill because you're not 18. :rolleyes:

At worst, they say no and turn you away. At MOST your pride will be dented.

12. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I've been going to our biggest club since I was 15, it does help that I know the owners, and the bouncers. (I'm still only 17, the owner I just know, 'cos I'm always there, and Dad went to School with the bouncers).

But when I first went there, they didn't know who I was. I turned up casual, no shirt or trousers, I think I wore white sneakers, some ripped jeans (in a trendy sense) and a jumper. Don't dress 'old' - it looks wrong, an 18 year old wearing shirts to go clubbing? He wants to have fun, not go on a dinner date.

I also have a Fake I.D that I've used about 4 times, never get asked anymore, since I've become somewhat of a regular in the usual haunts.

And most girls get into clubs, as most bouncers are men. Not gonna take a genius. If I were you, you walk in first, ALONE, confident, don't look at the floor, look towards the door.. and look bored, as if to say ''here we go again, another night'' - excited, smiley, jumpy makes you look like a kid as if you have something to hide.

Why am I giving you this advice? Well, I didn't go out on the weekend, so I wanna pass my night out onto someone else.

And 15 Euros for a drink? Where the hell are your drinking? or WHAT! Cristal? :eek: