Gettin my new mac....finally!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Cheap-Chopstix, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Cheap-Chopstix macrumors member

Juss ordered a brand spanking new 12 inch power book with airport extreme and 60 gig hd. Cant wait to get it. I even got it expressed shipped, hopefully be here by friday. Been waiting about 2 or 3 years for this. Any recommendations of a good slip / sleeve case or a car charger?

2. jumpman25 macrumors regular

Congratulations, I am going to be picking up the same thing in about a week. Just sick and tired of the PC and all the problems I am having. I would be interested to know how you like it, once it arrives. As for a case, apples website sells them for each powerbook. Here is a link for a 12" powerbook case that looks nice.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...203/wo/Py5rqrKFdv9k3sQMG3IxOxXtbwX/1.3.0.5.10

They also have backpacks for them. You can pretty much find whatever you need for you powerbook there. Anyway, hope you enjoy your powerbook.

3. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Congrats.

With bags, just remember room for extras like cables, discs, batteries and other crap if you lug it around allot. Crumpler are pretty good. I have a Hedgren backpack that is might fine and protects laptops well.

4. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

5. Cheap-Chopstix thread starter macrumors member

im looking specifically for a sleeve case juss for the notebook...cuz i already have a Dub Brand DJ bag...suppose to hold vinyl but its the perfect bag for a notebook...lots of cushioning and more pockets then james bond. Juss want a sleeve case to protect my notebook from my binders and shiizz. I'm praying that it comes this friday so i can tinker with it over the weekend. 1-3 business days to process then 3-5 to deliver.

6. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Got myself a Tucano Second Skin. Very useful, if you want to put the whole thing inside another bag (with other stuff), like me. I don't quite like those bags that scream "laptop inside!", and this solution is more flexible for me than a nice bag with dedicated notebook space.

7. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Hey man! I just got my Powerbook 12'' yesterday and I pretty much think its awesome! I ordered one of these:

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=18

It should be here momentarily from FedEx Home Delievery. Good luck with the Powerbook, I'm sure you're going to love it.

8. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I got an incase sleeve and love it. Highly recommended.

lasuther

9. Cheap-Chopstix thread starter macrumors member

Yay. It juss shipped. Should arrive within the next couple of days. Woopeee!

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Congrats. You'll love the 12'' PB. I still think getting my 12'' is one of the best decisions I ever made. As for bags check out www.acmemade.com They have some cool bags. Not alot of room for extra stuff though. For some reason Apple stopped selling the bags on their website. Weird. Anyways enjoy the new computer!