Gettin Tested...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacAztec, Oct 9, 2005.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

May be a weird question here, but hell I need an answer before I go to bed tonight.

my girlfriend was over here earlier, and we got "down". anyways, i wore a condom and everything, but when I was going to go "clean up", she asked me if I would get it tested.

so she wants me to go get tested for all that nasty ****? is that right? where do you get that done (doctor or clinic place or what?)

thanks for the help.

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Yes, get tested. Find an STD clinic. Beware the penis probe, though. It hurts. No pain, no gain.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Well I hope she didn't really say that she wants "it" to be tested...

But anyway, you could head to a place like planned parenthood, where they'll give you free info, they'll test you confidentially, and best of all... fre condoms!

4. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Weird, she said "it", but I don't know if she meant it like that. That wouldn't work. I was going to the bathroom and shes like "hey, can you get that tested?"

So, I think she just meant "that" as my...goo...

you are jokin about the penis probe, right?

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I wish I was. They use this probe the size of a toothpick, put it in, take it out. It takes a second, but the pain is horrible. You can opt out of it, and just do a blood test, but the probe is more accurate.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you are active, even if you use protection, testing is good -- for both of you (what's good for the gander is good for the goose...)

Condoms can fail. Viruses can be contracted through noth non-intercourse and non-ejaculatory play. STD's are absolutely no fun at all, and can be passed on to children years later.

Look up Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis for a particularly nasty legacy visited upon the innocent. It's a product of the Herpes (HPV) virus, which, I presume you know, does not need full intercourse to transmit.

More than that, your GF is displaying both responsible thinking and perhaps some lingering concern, so on all counts, please do get tested.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Maybe she wants to know its IQ? :confused:

That one just makes me cringe saying the name :(

8. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Wow, no penis probe for me.

So it is a blood test then?

I still am confused about what she said, she asked me (when she knew i was gonna get rid of the condom), if I could "get that tested".

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

If you are rather young, as in under the age of 18-- or wish for privacy, then I would suggest you go to a Planned Parenthood for testing. If you're of college age and attend a college, there should be free HIV testing as well as other testing done either at your school's health center or at local places.

Which reminds me, I've got to call and make an appointment as well. Better safe than sorry.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

They do general STD checks at clinics for free all the time.

I've never done such a test, still a virgin :).

_Emerson

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd say this is a good thing. You may not think you have anything at all, but what about HER! Who knows where she's been!

12. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Maybe she put a pin hole in that there condom and she wants you to have a sperm count done?

I see an alimony court case thread coming up soon :p

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Ugh.

Toilet paper.

VD

Boats.

Attacking Black Marlins.

Apple, please release something.

14. Lau Guest

Maybe she was confused and thought that to get tested for STDs they test your semen, as opposed to your dangly bits and your blood. :confused:

15. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Blood tests can be used for HIV, Hep, syphilis, RPR.

There is a culture test for chlamidae (can't spell it for the life of me)

also for HIV you need a consent form to have it drawn

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmmm... you'd think she'd want to get 'it' tested before you guys 'got down'. Props for proper condom use though.

17. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Absolutely. People rarely have sex with others they know have VD. It's usually a wee bit of a surprise. You both need to be tested.

19. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis - is a byproduct of genital warts, caused by one form of HPV, the Human Papillomavirus (a form of Herpes). It infects babies in the birth canal and causes uncontrolled growth of warts inside the throat and trachea. The children have to go through sometimes hundreds of operations throughout their life to have these warts surgically removed to prevent strangulation (the warts keep coming back).

Besides genital herpes and genital warts, the HPV family are also responsible for cervical and anal cancers... This is a nasty, nasty little virus. Over 5.5 million new people are infected annually with one of the genital HPV varieties.

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if you go to a hospital to get the blood testing for HIV they have to change the guarantor to you and your parents wont know about the results and they can't get them without your consent. unless someone at the hospital doing it is an idiot (which has happened before)

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm...isn't it weird that she asked you to get tested after you had sex? :eek:

Ummm... could be that she is using birth control and doesn't want to bother with condoms if you're both clean... But the way she said it does sound kind of weird to me. :(

Getting tested, if you've had multiple partners, though is a good thing....

And...penis probe.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

You'll get the "Rod". It's like putting salt on an open abrasion.

Goodluck chap!

23. wongulous macrumors 6502a

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. CLASSIC!

Oh, god love ya, iGary.

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Sad to hear that MacAztec. Yes, you should get tested today. If I were you I would ask the young lady what she meant by the question. That comment could be taken different ways. I would be interested to hear her answer. After all it's quite serious, she owes you an explanation.

25. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

UPDATE

Well, I talked to her about it just now, called her. She laughed and said she was thinking about the way she said it too. She meant for me to test the condom to make sure it didn't break, not to get tested.

I laughed about it afterwards, but I never did test the condom?