Gettin' Up n' About

Discussion in 'Community' started by iHatePCs, Feb 27, 2005.

1. iHatePCs macrumors member

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey, I was curious, how do you all like getting up in the morning, or anytime during the day actually. Like, what would you recommend doing before a final exam? Do you strecth, use an energy drink etc.? Personally, I have nothing that I do, every school day I'm tired irritable and don't feel like working (I'm still good in school strait A's) I try to sleep at night... I go to bed at or around 10 and can't fall asleep until or around 1. So, two questions...
    1) How do you get "pumped" or more alert during times of great physical or mental stress (such as before a final exam or before a big tennis match)?
    2) How do you fall asleep at night quickly?
  2. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    Really??? I highly doubt that.

That sentence doesnt even make sense and it's 'straight' not 'strait'
    :p :p :p
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    i did nothing at all for my GCSE exams. no revision or anything. and i got 7 passes with one A and two B's :)

usual sleep time was 11pm-6:30am. ive always lived in the country and my school is hidden near the moors so the fresh air did me good.

NO ALCOHOL. obviously :)

and getting pumped? god i dont know, just like exams good things just happen to me. like i have a multigym beside my computer now, i havnt been on it in ages, i barely do weights or anything but muscle just grows when i so much as open a heavy door... well not really :) my parents are marathon runners... go figure. i just do cross country and sprinting so unsuprisingly my 'warm ups' are not-too heavy jogs

AND OVERALL i just drink mineral water, Volvic to be precise. no alcohol. no drugs. not even caffiene. water does a whole world of good :D
  4. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    Well back in my school days, I never slept. I worked and went to school. My nights were normally coming home around 11 or 12. Then in bed by 1 and usually up around 6:30 or 7:00 depending on what class I had at that time. I found that a big glass of V8 and a protein bar was great in the morning and then a few big cups of coffee. I would also add some Irish Cream (the alcoholic kind) some days.

I also partied hard. That was the key, study hard but party just as hard. That and never turn down an opportunity to get laid. And during a night of drinking, drink good liquor and always drink lots of water during the night. It helps alot. Then right before you go to bed take asprin and drink two glasses of water. In the morning when you wake up, make either a bloody mary or beer and tomato juice/V8 and I never had that bad of a hangover.

Music also helped alot working on projects.

That is pretty much the best college advice I can give. It got me through a BS and a MS in electrical engineering.
  5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I use the same technique for exams as I do before a big track meet. Try eating a dinner of pasta the night before and a breakfast of Weetbix and jam in the morning. This gives you all the right combination of food types for a productive day whether that be the endurance of a seven hour exam (had one a week ago) or the power for a 100m sprint. ;)
  6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    A lot of people try to maximize sleep by showering before bed, rather than in the morning. In reality, the routine of showering and getting ready at a normal, non-panicking pace can help the brain wake up properly. Not everything just "turns on" when you wake up, and rushing into an exam 10 minutes after you open your eyes is a good way to function at partial capacity.
  7. iHatePCs thread starter macrumors member

Aug 3, 2004
    Woops... Oh well... but no, really I do have straight A's. :cool: