Getting A Girl Alone...

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, May 10, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Here's the situation, there is a girl I like in one of my high school classes (both seniors) and I want to ask her out to the prom which is in about a month.... thing is... all my friends tell me that the best way to ask a girl out is by asking her out when she is alone.. thing is is that she always seems to be talking with her friends and stuff.. so i can never get her alone.. the only time she is almost alone is right after the class I have with her when she is talking with another girl from my class.. friendly talk and what not.. should I just suck it up and ask her during this situation? i mean its the only one where she is talking with one other person.. basically i don't want no awkward situations..

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well after class just start a conversation with her, and during the course of the conversation ask her, or get her number can call her....

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Asking her in front of her friends would put her on the spot – better just to ask if you can have a quiet word in private and then ask her.

Good luck!

4. 36183 Guest

i didnt think "proms" were real things, just through it just existed in american movies.

sorry but i cant really give out any advice, all my mates talk to girls via text messenging and instand messenging. it is really sad :( why cant i be a few year older.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    be sneaky and find a mutual friend, and do recon and see if she has a date... i asked my date somewhere around march (back in the day)... then try to get her number...
    if your school has an internal email system, that would make it so much easier.

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Just walk up to her and be like, "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" and if she doesn't get the idea, follow up with, "In private?"

Then tell her that you didn't want to ask in front of her friends and put her on the spot (a.k.a. the "nice guy" card) and pop the question.

All my prom dates were easy. I had a girlfriend for each of them. :)

Good luck.

7. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Don't forget to be confident w/o being arrogant (easier said than done). Also smile, when you're talking to her.

8. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

but.....

LET us know!

(how it goes)

so we can live vicariously though you...
    uh *ahem- uh....

seriously though-
    follow the advice above
    it all sounds good
    the smile thing is key

also- don't be hurt if she's already got a date...
    that's nothing 'against' you
    but just stinks

-----
    in about a week or so- we'll be ready to tell you 'how to dance'
    :p
    since you'll be bound to have that question as well...

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It's times like these that I'm so thankful that I'm married and won't ever had to deal with those kinds of woes again..

10. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah its in early june, gotta find out what date in early june though lol :p , im gonna ask tomorrow, i made it my mission lol... is it best to ask before or after class? after class we have like a break thing that goes on for about 15 min before the next period starts...

11. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

THAT IS THE WORST THING TO DO!!!! never i mean never ask a girl out over msn. it can only end in disaster

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Don't stress out over it and don't put any pressure on yourself. Just ask her when you get a few seconds with her and accept what happens.

Good luck,

D

13. rogerw macrumors 6502

is there still cheap property in Hull?

sorry for being slighly off topic

14. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    different culture, my european and asian friends text constantl, my ex broke up w/ me via txtmsg :mad: which rather upset me, but she was perfectly fine with it.
    asking someone here (US) via txt probably wouldn't work as well.

15. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Can't ask for more than that. :)

16. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I asked a German exchange student to the prom -- way back when. She agreed to go, but she couldn't believe it either, and eventually backed out, saying she thought the whole thing was ridiculous. Fortunately it was still a couple months before the event and I had time to find another date!

17. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

*off topic* Getting pricier all the time. :(

*Back on topic* Good for you – let us know how you get on!

18. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

no prob... i think i have a good chance that im gonna get a yes on this one
    :D

19. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

No you can't. :p

20. emw macrumors G4

emw

Good luck - prom is a great time. If she agrees, be sure to make it special.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You should find out the exact date of the prom. Find out some particulars about the prom such as the theme, location, and any after parties.

Probably after class when you have the fifteen minute break. If she is talking to someone else, politely interrupt. Then just ask her if she would mind going off the somewhere that is quiet. That its important and don't want to be interrupted. Just be sure to be very polite. I wish you the best of luck.

22. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

So... what's wrong with calling her on the phone? Then you're at least assured of a private conversation.

23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

uhhhhh

No it's definitely better to ask the person face to face, being on the phone might show you care less about them then if you are face to face. Of course that is all according to how you ask, if you are arrogant or w/e and be like "YO GO TO THE PROM WITH ME" it is less likely to get the date (duh). There is always seems to be a 'false feeling' when on a phone call as well.

24. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

after i ask her, and she says yes suppose, i just ask her for her number with no prob? so as to discuss arrangements that is...

25. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I see no problem with that... after all, there's no point her agreeing to go along with you if you've no means of contacting her.