Getting a little awkward and personal.......

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Sep 17, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm going to be brave and swallow the embarrasment, but I've had diarrhea for since early Saturday morning.

I'm crapping about every 90 minutes, and it's getting more liquidy at time progresses. I'll feel fine for a while, then my stomach will "growl" (not because of hunger or anything) and sort of hurt then bombs away!

Just thought I'd share.

Ooh. Any home remedies? I thought about drinking some salt water, but I'm not sure what that'll do.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Stay off the food for a while, you'll be dehydrating quickly so plenty of fluids. Drink stuff like Lucozade every now and then to keep your sugar and salts up but stick mainly to water.

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You could trot (HAW HAW!) down to the store and get some Kaopectate, I guess. & if it keeps up, you may want to call the doc tomorrow.

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Charcoal pills from GNC or any vitamin store should calm it down some. You probably have some sort of stomach virus, wouldn't hurt to head to the doctors office for an appointment.

5. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

well your body is losing lots of liquids, if your piss is too yellow, you should drink lots of liquids, water, but if water is too boring then sports drinks, NO CAFFEINATED drinks, this should help avoid you getting dehydrated, as for the thing itself, there aren't remedies that I know of. goodluck...what a nasty thread!

Edit: DAMN!! 4 replies within 2 minutes, interesting

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You have a serious condition.

I suggest that you see a doctor as soon as you can. This is not a time for home remedies.

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, diarrhea that lasts more than 24 hours is probably something you should get professional help with.

Also, don't drink salt water. That will likely dehydrate you even more than you already are.

8. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

WARNING:
    AWKWARD
    STATEMENT
    AHEAD

OK, just got back from the can, clear piss, no s**t.

(Highlight to see)
    END OF
    AWKWARD
    STATEMENT

I've been drinking this "Clear" flavored sparkling water from Safeway. No sugar or anything, just flavorings. Perhaps this will help.

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'd agree that you should go see a doctor, especially if you're not better tomorrow morning and if there's temperature. I hope you're taking measures to hydrate.

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Have you eaten any bagged spinach lately? ;)

Call your doc. Until you see him/her, stay hydrated. ...And do your best to keep it "passing through." You have diarrhea for a reason; your body is trying to get rid of something.

11. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

No, although we did look at some in school.

I'm feeling alright as for now. Stomach seems to be fine. I'll try the liquid route unless if it perseveres tomorrow.

12. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

just get some Imodium AD. It'll kill the "I've gotta poop" urge. And drink plenty of water...orange juice too.

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

theres a little too much "OMG go to the doctor" around here for my flavor ... well thats probably why I would never ask medical advice because to me doctors are last resort solutions for things that can't be fixed over the counter or won't go away in a reasonable time ...

I second ImodiumAD ... its a great thing

14. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Imodium AD will defnitely cure it but then you won't go for another few days. I think you should ride it out. If it seems like the movements are getting farther apart, that's a good thing. Drink plenty of water you gotta stay hydrated.

15. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, I've been drinking a lot tonight, and last two trips, nothing but clear urine.

So, I think things are starting to turn around.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But the only way to find out if it's too late and whether he should go see his doctor is if he waits and loses even more fluid. So if he sits at home and you're right, then he's fine. If he sits at home and it's something serious, it could be lethal and his body could be so depleted of liquids that he couldn't safely go out and drive to a doctor.

Agreed.

Go see a doctor if this persists until Monday morning. Home remedies are for normal situations. The amount of diarrhea isn't considered "normal" if it persists and doesn't get better after 24 hours.

17. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Doctor. Diarrhea is a top killer in 3rd world countries... because all they have is home remedies.
    Pleas don't die!

18. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

19. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

yeah, keep the replies flowin'.

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

But Diarrhoea is the S*it.

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

LOL! :D :D :D

I had a serious incident with diarrhea before. That is why I am a bit concerned. The problem is with your intestines. If they become damaged, which clear liquid diarrhea is an indicator, you can end up with other problems. That is why I recommend seeing a doctor.

BTW, when I had mine, the doc paid dearly for the live sample that he took. Blew all over him and the office. What a mess! Needless to say, I was embarrassed. He just said something like it's just business as usual don't worry about it.

22. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Could it be Gastroenteritis?

Drink lot's of fluid - but no caffiene or alcohol - and go see the doctor.

23. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

One time, I had about 3 lbs of pick-your-own blueberries.

I ate about 2 lbs at once.

For the next three days, my poo was bluish green!

24. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Isn't that a problem with bile not being produced???