Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paleo2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
NJ
I'm considering getting a new iMac soon. I purchased my current G4 iMac 800 Mhz like two weeks before a set of incremental upgrades. I'd like to avoid making that mistake again. The general consensus on these boards is to wait until Leopard is released or at least officially announced.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember buying my blueberry iBook a month or two before OS 9.1 was released, way back during the late 20th century. That iBook came with several proof-of-purchase coupons and Apple offered a significant rebate on OS 9.1 if you had recently purchased a computer.

Does anyone remember this? And, is it possible they'd do this for Leopard?

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i think you're referring to Software Coupons which, if they're even giving them out anymore, are useless. i got a few of these when i bought my Mac mini just before Tiger was released and they were not honored.

paleo2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
NJ
<sigh> I guess I'm not necessarily opposed to buying Leopard when it comes out. I decided to buy Tiger as soon as I saw Exposé. I feel the same way about Boot Camp, Time Machine, etc.

When's the next big Apple event? March?

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
April, most likely, unless they have something so big they want to announce before then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.