Getting a New iMac and OS X 10.5/Leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by paleo2002, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. paleo2002 macrumors newbie

    paleo2002

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2007
    Location:
    NJ
    #1
    I'm considering getting a new iMac soon. I purchased my current G4 iMac 800 Mhz like two weeks before a set of incremental upgrades. I'd like to avoid making that mistake again. The general consensus on these boards is to wait until Leopard is released or at least officially announced.

    My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember buying my blueberry iBook a month or two before OS 9.1 was released, way back during the late 20th century. That iBook came with several proof-of-purchase coupons and Apple offered a significant rebate on OS 9.1 if you had recently purchased a computer.

    Does anyone remember this? And, is it possible they'd do this for Leopard?
     
  2. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #2
    i think you're referring to Software Coupons which, if they're even giving them out anymore, are useless. i got a few of these when i bought my Mac mini just before Tiger was released and they were not honored.
     
  3. paleo2002 thread starter macrumors newbie

    paleo2002

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2007
    Location:
    NJ
    #3
    <sigh> I guess I'm not necessarily opposed to buying Leopard when it comes out. I decided to buy Tiger as soon as I saw Exposé. I feel the same way about Boot Camp, Time Machine, etc.

    When's the next big Apple event? March?
     
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #4
    April, most likely, unless they have something so big they want to announce before then.
     

Share This Page