Getting a new Invisible Shield...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JW008, Dec 13, 2006.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    So I've had an IS for over a year now on my 5G iPod and it has been worth every cent that I paid for it.

That being said it's pretty scratched up and I'm thinking about buying a new one for it. But I had a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone done this before? If so, any suggestions on how to get the old IS off?

2) How did your iPod look when you took the old IS off? The reason I want a new IS it make my iPod look new again, but if the thing is scratched up underneath the IS then there really is no reason to buy a new one. Did the IS do a good job of protecting the original look of the iPod underneath?

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm not sure about removing an IS, but for purchasing another one I would check out I have an IS on my iPod video and a shield from bestskins on my nano. It is the same material...just MUCH cheaper and does not come in as nice of a package. It is highly recommended.
  3. ToastMaster macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    Um.. the InvisibleShields come with a lifetime warranty, so I don't think that you need to buy another. Just send it in to InvisibleShield and they say that they'll send you a new one free.

I am assuming it is an actual InvisibleShield (not some knockoff).
  4. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2006
    Kennesaw, GA
    to take it off you just start peeling at one corner and slowly work it off. and if you bought a true IS then you have a lifetime warranty like ToastMaster said.
  5. JW008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    No way---I didn't even read the warranty! I just assumed it was a standard one-year. Good thing I'm not going to Law School...

Have either of you tried this? Was it a relatively smooth process? How did your iPod look after you took the IS off?
  6. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004