Getting a new Laptop, but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stridder44, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I want to get a laptop sometime during this summer but Im curious as to if (or when) the newer Intel chips (Conroe? CoreDuo2? Can't remember which one...they're ) are going into the MacBook/MacBook Pros. Any ideas?

2. 66217 Guest

nobody knows for sure.....but you can expect them to come around december (maybe earlier for the MBP).

But who knows.

If you need it, buy it, don't make a lot os second thoughts.
    I've just ordered my MB. I don't need an ultra-fast notebook, that's the work of the desktop.

If you always wait for the next generation, you will never buy a notebook:D

3. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

Most people have been saying August for the Meroms. I'm waiting too. ;)

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Well, I thought august was when intel released the meroms? Let's hope that Apple can get them into their laptops as soon as they are released. We'll still have a month to use the free ipod promo if they do!

Z

5. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Wow. Fast replies! Also for how does WoW (world of warcraft) run on the MB for you guys?

6. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

I don't have one, but I heard its very playable. :)

7. Mernak macrumors 6502

WoW runs just fine unless there is a lot of lag or you are very picky about graphics (seems to run about as well as on my iMac G5)

8. live4ever macrumors 6502a

9. 66217 Guest

Very impressive:eek: ......maybe I didn't explained myself, for programs like this the MB would be perfect (as the article explains)......I meant video games, they won't run very well, at least not the new ones. Same thing with programs that use intensive 3D graphics (some design programs, etc).

But yes, the MB is a powerfull notebook.

10. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

If you are waiting for Merom, i would just take the plunge. I personally don't forsee that they will be put into MB's till next year. Currently, there is no big distinction between the MB and the MBP except for the screen size and the descrete graphics card. And that right now dosen't warrant $600+ dollars. So we need to a distinguished factor, a faster processor.

But if you are a student, it's a good time to buy. Apple is giving away free stuff after rebate. Even if you don't need it, it makes a spiffy gift. Perosnally i'm going to go and get one this evening. I'm going to get the MB 2ghz white w/ 1gb ram. And picking up a 30 gig video for $90 after rebates and a printer. So w00t!