getting a Wii with no reservation and not camping out?

Discussion in 'Games' started by M. Malone, Nov 6, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    Hey everyone, I really want a Nintendo Wii, sad part is, I realized I want it 2 days ago, now I have no reservation, and I really don't wanna camp out longer than 5-10 minutes, what are my chances of waking up on the 19th, and walking into a store and picking one up? and at what store is this stunt recommended to be performed in?
  2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
  3. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Its should plot out what stores are near you, and look at the target # thread here

I'm not camping out, I'm going to get there as soon as I can, and hope I find a store with tons of units, or that the people near that store all hate Nintendo
  4. Chone macrumors 65816

Aug 11, 2006
    I honestly believe there is a fairly big chance of you getting a Wii on the 19th... 80% you'll get one in the following days/weeks and a 95% chance you'll get one before Christmas...

Unlike PS3, Wii is actually launching with a good supply, it seems like PS3's is a paper launch more than anything...
  5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    I did the same thing as you, about 4 days ago i decided i cannot live without Twilight Princess and the Wii beyond the 19th. I'm not sure yet if im going to go to a midnight opening because i'll have work that sunday 9-5, but if i don't i'm gonna run around trying to find one after 5. I'm pretty confident though, in my area within 1 mile are 3 gamestops, 1 EB games, a best buy, and circuit city.

If i cannot get one at one of those i will be severely disapointed :p
  6. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    thanks everyone :D I really wish I can have it that Sunday, the Wii and Zelda, I use to be a Zelda addict back on the SNES, never played the N64 or the Game Cube ones, but I got back into it on my DS playing the GBA version, such memories, I can't wait for this new Zelda, goodluck to you all, and hopefully we'll all have our Wii's on the 19th, and no later :D