Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I've had my AW since April 29, and have never had any issues. Since this last update last week, things have been weird. The first thing is that a number of of my settings were lost, and went back to the default. For example, I've always had "Unlock with iPhone" turned on, but after the update, it was off.

The biggest issue I'm having is with Activity. Months ago, I turned off ALL activity updates for the Watch in the Watch app. Stand reminders, Goal updates, etc, have all been off for months. When the watch (and the phone) updated last week, all of those Activity settings were somehow turned back on during the update. The problem is that I've turned them all back off, but I'm still getting random stand reminders, Goal tracking notifications, etc, once or twice a day. I've restarted both the watch and the phone.

Anyone else still getting notifications for things that are turned off?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I've had my AW since April 29, and have never had any issues. Since this last update last week, things have been weird. The first thing is that a number of of my settings were lost, and went back to the default. For example, I've always had "Unlock with iPhone" turned on, but after the update, it was off.

The biggest issue I'm having is with Activity. Months ago, I turned off ALL activity updates for the Watch in the Watch app. Stand reminders, Goal updates, etc, have all been off for months. When the watch (and the phone) updated last week, all of those Activity settings were somehow turned back on during the update. The problem is that I've turned them all back off, but I'm still getting random stand reminders, Goal tracking notifications, etc, once or twice a day. I've restarted both the watch and the phone.

Anyone else still getting notifications for things that are turned off?

Try unpairing and repairing the watch. If you don't want to lose your activity data make a iPhone backup through iTunes and check the encrypted option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.