getting back the finder menubar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by empezar, Jan 24, 2007.

1. empezar macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2006
    Hello, I used a program to remove the finder menubar, and after I did that I could not find a way to get it back.

I remember seeing somewhere that you could write something in the terminal to bring back the menubar, but I can no longer find that thread.

I also no longer get an arrow below the finder dock item when finder is loaded...
  2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
  3. empezar thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2006
    hehe.. i've lived without the finder menubar and even without finder starting at startup for about 3 weeks now...
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Do you remember the name of the program you used to hide the menu? It will be easier to figure out how to get your menu back if we can see what method was used to hide it.
  5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Whatever program you are using to disable finder menubar shut it down and see if you can access finder once again.

Before you shut down the it up and check to see if it has an option to loadup when startup and disable that.

6. empezar thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 14, 2006
    i have shut down the program and removed it long ago

the problem was that after i removed finder from the program, i could not re-add it as i could with all other programs, because the program would not list the

the solution i found (and have yet to rediscover on these forums) was a terminal solution, you would enter some text into the terminal and it would magically re-appear.

but since i can't find it again it seems like i need to re-format or something.