Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Does version 3.0 address the heat/fan problem that a lot of people (including myself) are having when running Windows on the unibody machines?

risingforce

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2009
Hello

Had not read this very interesting post on bootcamp 3.0, Thanks ;)

My English is very basic, so I apologize and patience with me.

No end to understand the steps to install bootcamp 3.0 on Windows 7 64 and my mac pro 2009.

Can anyone explain step by step how to do it? I have read is that no a number of links shown with modifications (I think).

Thanks in advance and greetings

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK

itisme1760

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
California
On my Windows 7 64-bit boot camp 3.0, I can access Mac drives. One thing I noticed though, for the main Mac OS X partition, I can access the Users > Name folder, but when I open that folder, nothing exists in that folder (even though there are things in there). Why is that?

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
On my Windows 7 64-bit boot camp 3.0, I can access Mac drives. One thing I noticed though, for the main Mac OS X partition, I can access the Users > Name folder, but when I open that folder, nothing exists in that folder (even though there are things in there). Why is that?

No idea, can access my doc, pics, music etc fine through that route

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi

I found manually typing in an address works. Like E:\Users\ryannazaretian\Music will show all my music files. Just get past the user folder and you're pretty much good to go.

simonpickard

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2009
Hi there,

Just one question about this thread.
I noticed that a few people have mentioned updating their wifi drivers for increased speed and stability. I've tried searching for these but can not locate them.

I've got a Unibody 17" macbook pro and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to point me in the correct direction.

Regards,
Simon

hoonu

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Orange County, CA

nm

Civic

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2005
NC, USA
Hello.

I just installed Windows 7 and noticed this thread while trying to figure out how to install Boot Camp without getting all the issues mentioned in this thread... without success.

After further research, I noticed that there's newer builds of Boot Camp 3.0 out there but I couldn't find any (or any with seeders anyway). I couldn't find more recent builds of Snow Leopard either to get the updated BC 3.0 drivers that way.

Does anybody have it or could you point me to it, either here or via PM?

Thank you. :)

reality2004

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
hello,

today i tried windows 7 32-bit on my macbook alu (early 2009) with bootcamp 3.0.

now i have the problem that my FN-key isn't running:confused: (but i can activate the FN-key in the "Boot Camp Control Panel)" and the keyboard backlight is always on:(

Could anybody help me please??:eek:

yoomy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
@runebinder

i tried your method sadly it gets stuck at the installation saying "KeyAgent" could not be started, check your rights to start system services"

(not 100% right error text because I had to translate)

any help would be great

Snakehn

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2009
i just installed Boot camp 3.0 on my win7 X64 partition in my iMac

all i had to do was: go to the drivers/apple/bootcamp64, right click and "compatibility troubleshooting", windows removed the "version check" from the installed, ran bootcamp64 and all installed just fine.

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
@runebinder

i tried your method sadly it gets stuck at the installation saying "KeyAgent" could not be started, check your rights to start system services"

(not 100% right error text because I had to translate)

any help would be great

Sorry dude, didn't get that error so unfortunately don't know what to suggest. Have you tried the latest version of Bootcamp?

not-available

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
MacBook says :

I installed the final version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on my Early 2008 MacBook4,1.

When I installed all this and replaced the files with the patched ones and i run setup, it says: BootCamp x64 is not supported on this computer model.

Is this because i have a (non-pro) MacBook4,1 that doesn't support 64-bit?

jjvdhoef

macrumors member
May 19, 2009
I installed the final version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on my Early 2008 MacBook4,1.

When I installed all this and replaced the files with the patched ones and i run setup, it says: BootCamp x64 is not supported on this computer model.

Is this because i have a (non-pro) MacBook4,1 that doesn't support 64-bit?

Yes

But installing the 64-bit drivers from the cd still works.

hugo2

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
Seven on MBA - Bootcamp 3 need to be re-installed sometime

Hi,

for information, just have SEVEN Entreprise 32 on my MBA and works quite well :
- Drivers OK using BootCamp 3.0 from my Snow Leopard DVD
- BootCamp.exe works using "BootCampED" version to avoid high Latency <=> Fn Key (brightness, sound, etc.)

NEVERTHELESS, each time I add a new hardware, I need to re-install BootCamp drivers by using repair function from the DVD :mad:
=> Bootcamp is running (process is running), but the Fn Keys are not operationnal !!! :confused:

Except this bad point, my old Printer (Laserjet 1000) and my old Scanner (Canoscan N656U) work well using XP Drivers (installed manually), that is a very good point.

If someone has an answer for my bootcamp.exe process issue (Fn Key not opertionnal after new hardware installation), I will be very Cool :cool:

Thks

Timur

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
BootCamp.exe works using "BootCampED" version to avoid high Latency <=> Fn Key (brightness, sound, etc.)
Nice to see people using my script! :D

I never published the version that tries to automatically remove the Bootcamp icon from the tray, because that doesn't work 100%. With the first Beta of Windows 7 this icon would vanish by itself once the Bootcamp.exe (kbgmgr.exe) process was killed, the RC didn't do that anymore. How does the final Release handle the tray-icon?

=> Bootcamp is running (process is running), but the Fn Keys are not operationnal !!! :confused:
This might be another discrepancy of Windows versions. I noticed that the Release CANDIDATE and Beta could be made to work with all Bootcamp driver (2.1), but the final Release could not be made to work with function keys and keyboard-light. So whatever Microsoft changed it affects the (still Vista) Apple driver.

If someone has an answer for my bootcamp.exe process issue (Fn Key not opertionnal after new hardware installation), I will be very Cool :cool:
You could try installing a mixure of the new 2.2 driver and the 3.0 beta, maybe that will fix the issues. But given that Apple announced official W7 drivers to arrive in december (afaik) it may not be worth the effort.

hugo2

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
Nice to see people using my script! :D

I never published the version that tries to automatically remove the Bootcamp icon from the tray, because that doesn't work 100%. With the first Beta of Windows 7 this icon would vanish by itself once the Bootcamp.exe (kbgmgr.exe) process was killed, the RC didn't do that anymore. How does the final Release handle the tray-icon?

This might be another discrepancy of Windows versions. I noticed that the Release CANDIDATE and Beta could be made to work with all Bootcamp driver (2.1), but the final Release could not be made to work with function keys and keyboard-light. So whatever Microsoft changed it affects the (still Vista) Apple driver.

You could try installing a mixure of the new 2.2 driver and the 3.0 beta, maybe that will fix the issues. But given that Apple announced official W7 drivers to arrive in december (afaik) it may not be worth the effort.

Hello Timur,

many thanks for your quick answer and of course for your VERY USEFUL script !
I was close to follow your advises, but I think I have found the issue since it's working for the moment after many drivers update (again and again ...) => It's a user mistake :eek:

Let me explain : I've used msconfig to enable ONLY your script to load, and NOT the original Bootcamp.exe.
Since I let the original bootcamp.exe AND your script at startup, all looks fine ...:eek::eek:
For information, the Tray-Icon is visible

The last issue is my wifi card : it's working, but the signal is very low (at 4 meters to my router).
I believe that it's a configuration issue since the signal is very good when using Snow Leopard.
For information, I'm leaving in France, and the drivers looks to be configure only for the US.
I've tried both driver from "Microsoft Catalog Update" and drivers V5.60.18.8 from here http://www.wireless-driver.com/download/broadcom/broadcom-4321ag4322ag43224ag-windows7-driver-v560188.htm

mhat

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2009
This may be slightly off-topic but I have a Macbook which I'm using Bootcamp to run Windows 7 32bit and it was running marvelously using these Bootcamp drivers up until last night! BSOD!!! Now everytime I bootup in Windows after about 3 minutes the BSOD comes and crashes my party. Some sort of error pointing to applemnt.sys

Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.