Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Hi,

I have a replacement iPhone on the way, scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I have to swap the the faulty iPhone on the doorstep.

I don't have my Macbook Pro was used to activate and sync my iPhone, because it's away for repair. I have access to my Dad's PC but I don't like using it for my devices ( he gets annoyed with everyone else data on it )

Is there any way I can get all my contacts off my iPhone and stored in my email box ? The last sync may have got all this data, but I have added new things to it since my mac was sent away...

Also, I will probably have to sync my new iPhone with my Dad's PC, but when I get my Mac back, can I just do a restore and sync it from the Mac ?

Thank You

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
You could:

• Email all your contacts to yourself. Bit of a drag though.
  • Take out a 60d trial MobileMe subscription, sync all your contacts to that from your phone and then back to your Mac from MobileMe when it comes back from repair. This will also sync your calendars and bookmarks.

There should be no problem with doing a restore and resyncing with your mac when it comes back. Remember that you'll lose any data on the phone if you do a restore.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
You could:

• Email all your contacts to yourself. Bit of a drag though.
  • Take out a 60d trial MobileMe subscription, sync all your contacts to that from your phone and then back to your Mac from MobileMe when it comes back from repair. This will also sync your calendars and bookmarks.

There should be no problem with doing a restore and resyncing with your mac when it comes back. Remember that you'll lose any data on the phone if you do a restore.

Brilliant ! I will set up an account now... just have to remember to cancel it before I get charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.