iPad Getting files from my PC to my IPAD 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by looktohim316, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I don't understand how to transfer files from my PC to my ipad3. Right now I am emailing a file (pdf or doc) and when it comes through the email my ipad opens the attachment. I then have to resend it and the 2nd time it comes in as an attachment and I can open it and save it. I do not want my ipad to open the file the first time till I click on it to open it. If there is a better way without using something like dropbox that would be great. I don't have a problem with just emailing them but I do not want it to open the attachment till I am ready to.

2. macrumors G3

3. macrumors regular

Filebrowser works well, though you have to pay for it.

4. macrumors regular

In iTunes you can directly transfer files to your apps, like GoodReader. That's what I usually do when I don't want to wait forever for Dropbox to download the file.

5. macrumors 65816

Unless you can't get a connection.

6. macrumors newbie

crazydawg807

I use iTunes to transfer files as well. for my PDFs, I transfer them from my computer onto the adobe reader app on my iPad via iTunes. works great

7. macrumors G3

Yes, but since he said he was emailing the files previously I assumed he had a connection.

8. macrumors 6502

It's too bad Apple didn't add any kind of user accessible folder system. It would make managing my pdfs much simpler.