Getting Files off iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speedemonV12, Nov 6, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I have about 700 pictures that I have synced to my iPhone using iTunes. I lost all those photos off of my computer. How can I get these photos off of my iPhone, and back onto my computer??

2. macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you can do it using iPhoto. Basically, iPhoto sees the iPhone as a camera and therefore allows you to transfer the pics to your computer.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

ya, I know that, But I want the photos that I previously syncd to the phone. iPhoto only allows you to import pictures taken with the iphone camera

4. macrumors newbie

You mean in a photo album that you synced up previously? The way your post read, it sounded like they were photos you took with the camera that were still on there.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Im sorry. I meant photos that I had previously synced to the iphone

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

7. macrumors member

I used iPhoneDrive to recover music off my iPhone. It worked very well for me. $9 I believe.

8. macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Actually, if you go into iphoto and create a new album that has the same name as the old one that is on your iPhone, and then sync... would that work?

9. macrumors 601

HiRez

It's probably not possible using the iPhone normally. As audiored indicated, some shareware app might be able to do it.

But when you sync photos to your iPhone, you get a downsized, downsampled version optimized for the iPhone's screen, so you'll never be able to recover the full original photos from the iPhone.

Other than that, try some recovery software on your computer, I guess (and stop using it until you do).