Getting into classic

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by demonx, Dec 2, 2002.

1. demonx macrumors regular

How does one get into classic?:confused:
    I have a program that will only install in classic its for an older webcam, but I have no idea how to actually get into the classic, I started it though:p
    But then the desktop and stuff I saw while starting dissappears or maybe crashes? Not sure

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

if you just double click a classic app (as you would a normal app) classic will automatically launch. there's no real way to control the os 9 system from within classic, you have to be using an application. if you just double click the installer app, it should launch classic and do it's buisness. if i misunderstood the question, or the installer app is not working even while classic is active, let me know.

3. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah the installer app seems just not to be working, keeps saying this is desinged for OS9 blah blah
    This is the Installer

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

some apps (including finickey and poorly written installers) don't run under classic, they require that you reboot in os9. try that, it's a pain, but it may be the only way for it to work. hopefully the application itself will work in classic, but i don't use any webcam software. does anyone else with more knowledge on the subject know if webcams will work through classic?

5. demonx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help, its not a big deal. I went ahead and hooked it up to my PC and got the pics I needed.

Once I get my Nikon Coolpix 2500 I hope it works good with my iBook though as I plan to carry both of them almost everywhere I go:D

6. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

Re: Getting into classic

when classic starts up, it will show the old os9 boot screen, and then all visible traces of os9 will disapear until you open a classic app. you can turn off classic through the "classic" pane in the system prefs.
    i'm sorry that the installer did not work out. good luck with the new camera!

7. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane