Getting itunes to not play certain tracks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adk, Jun 1, 2006.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I just bought/installed an ipod connector kit in my new honda (horrible piece of equipment by the way, DO NOT BUY IT), and it navigates the ipod in my car by saying the names of all of the tracks/artists/albums etc. How does it get these names? A piece of junk program analyzes my itunes and creates a new itunes file saying each individual title. Now, when I listen to all my songs on random, every other song is a computerized voice saying "Bob Dylan" or whatnot. Is there any way I can get itunes not to play these stupid tracks?

2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

This sounds a bit similar to the way the original iTrips had short sound files-- one for each radio station-- that played to tell the transmitter what station to send to. Luckily, when those files get loaded into iTunes, they all have the Artist name "Griffin Technology," so I just created a smart playlist that is "Not iTrip Stations" and is the simple requirement Artist not equal to "Griffin Technology." See how these mysterious files you are referring to are tagged and you could probably do something similar.