Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tfstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I just talked my boss and our IT chief into buying me a Macbook Pro (2.33 with 2 GB ram) for work. I`ll be the only one in our company (80+ people) with a mac. I`m doing sales at a (mutual) fund company.

I hope everything works out well with bootcamp and parallels... if not they will hang me higher. Man I am excited!!! It's been shipped already. Should be here on friday the lastest. Hope I did not push my luck as I ordered a refurbished ...

by the way: i've a mbp core duo and an imac at home.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
LUCKY! :) I wish I could use anything Mac where I work.

Hope it all works out well for you!

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
congrats on the new MBP! i did the same thing at my work, and i'm the only one with a mac...my IT guy kept saying, "i'll be praying for you." :rolleyes:

how did you convince them? what did you say?

tfstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
thanx

I have edited a few videos last year on weekends for the company. Nothing fancy just editing stuff about our company on TV. I told him if only I had a mac a could do more of this stuff more quickly if needed.

And in all fairness I have to add that I have raised the issue in our yearly money talk. So it was part of the pay raise, bonus discussion and he might have offered me a slightly higher raise. Who knows, maybe not.

I really digg the fact that he approved it when he realized that for some reason (that he will prob. never understand) I just love to use a Mac.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Parallels works great, I don't think you'll have any problems at all with that (just keep in mind it won't do things that need heavy graphics card support - 3D games/rendering). Haven't tried bootcamp though...

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm getting a MBP through the company I work for as well... not sure when I'm getting it though, hopefully soon. :D

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I hope your boss doesn't get too mad at you when everyone in the company starts to want one after seeing yours....

:p

tfstone

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
15'' because I am on the road quite a lot. Any thoughts on the fact that is a refurbished product? This kind of scares me a bit (dead pixels and what not). Although the deal was sweet.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
15'' because I am on the road quite a lot. Any thoughts on the fact that is a refurbished product? This kind of scares me a bit (dead pixels and what not). Although the deal was sweet.

Never thought of that. Hm, I guess there could be a chance. If they purchase it for business purposes I believe they opt out of tax, not sure if they receive a discount though. Let's hope your employer is super generous to get you a new MBP :D :apple:

andyadler

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2007
Louisville, Ky USA
Any thoughts on the fact that is a refurbished product? This kind of scares me a bit (dead pixels and what not)?

I bought a refurbed 15" C2D MBP (2.33ghz/2gig ram/256mb video/120gb HD) about a month ago direct from Apple. Love it -- and saved about $500 off new. So I wouldn't worry, especially as Apple stands behind these machines just as they for new units.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.