Getting Married ... in Vegas ... today!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by evoluzione, Dec 12, 2005.

1. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    yep, my girlfriend of two and a half years (whom i met a few days after "MacRumors Geekfest DC", and no, she doesn't post here) and I are getting married in Las Vegas today!

anyone have any good restaurant recommendations?? we both like our food, preferably vegetarian, and she's a pastry chef by trade, so good desserts are a must! we're staying at the Wynn and i think w're going to go have breakfast at Bouchon. we're not sure where we want to have (our first as a married couple) dinner though. possibly Michael Mina's place, they have a 6 course vegetarian thing which sounds good....

:D

oh, and before anyone asks, no it's not an Elvis wedding! ;)

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Senseo at the Bellagio is wonderful. Every dish that comes out of the kitchen looks unique and makes a real statement. The Senseo savoury cones as an appetiser were beautiful and tasted fabulous.

The couple next to us were celebrating a birthday and when they let the waitress know, their dessert, a chocolate pizza, arrived with Happy Birthday piped onto it and candles.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    congrats! my wife and I snuck off for a secret vegas wedding about 2 months before our "real" ceremony.

Nothing like going to the Clark County courthouse to witness the oddest assortment of people getting hitched.

Have a blast!

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I have to admit that Elvis was the first thing that popped into my head....:eek:

A friend of mine had a fiance who was not a US citizen, and in order for her to stay in the country she needed to be married within a certain time period. However the families (both Egyptian, and rather traditional) would not hurry their wedding plans, so the couple went to Vegas and got married to satisfy the INS....although it didn't "count" to them. :D

7. ToddW macrumors 6502a

be sure to get in a few shows and also bring some money home from those black jack tables.

8. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Congrats, and take in a couple shows... I know it's cliche, when in Vegas take in a show, etc. But they're (most of them) fun. I've seen the Amazing Jonathan, the Blue Man Group... and though overpriced, like anything in Vegas is, I'd spend the money to see them again if given the chance.

Stay away from the blackjack tables, though... unless you like stomach ulcers while "making" your money. ;) I prefer the poker tables (stay away from the lowest tables though, you get a lot of people who have no idea what they're doing).

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

That's awesome - I hope all goes well and you have a blast out there. I've only been to Vegas once myself, and that was about 13 years ago, so I can't help with the dinner recommendations.

Just stay away from those all-you-can-eat buffets! :p :D

10. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

11. Sathos macrumors regular

Wow, congratulations! Have fun, and best wishes! :)

12. evoluzione thread starter macrumors 68010

evoluzione

thanks everyone

so we went to Bouchon for breakfast this morning only to find they were closed for a staff party :( ... and Michael Mina is closed for renovations so that's out for tonight :(

but, we have reservations at Le Cirque :D for tonight, Bouchon is open for breakfast tomorrow, and we have reservations at Okada tomorrow night :)

haven't hit the tables yet, but will do so, although we have limited funds so it may be short lived. i know how to play black jack, and some poker games, but that's it, we've never gambled before so wish us luck!

no time for shows (or money) unfortunately as we're only here for a couple of nights, but we'll be back! we may even move here! (we're moving from NY and were thinking CA, but this could be a better bet - no pun intended!)

13. diddy macrumors 6502

Congrats! I hope you two have some fun in my hometown.:D

May I reccomend the Mediterranean Cafe on Maryland Pkwy near UNLV. Awesome food (vegetarian friendly!), plus a hooka lounge and bar. Not exactly high class, but still classy. Its a nice place to relax and talk. My favorite date restaurant.

Edit: Vegas is a fine place to live, but only if you can deal with 110+ degree weather in the summer. Winters are nice though!

14. iDONTdoWINDOWS macrumors member

Congratulations me and my wife got married in Vegas and we had alot of fun

15. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

"Well, let me be the first to say congratulations to you man; you have one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart man. "

16. evoluzione thread starter macrumors 68010

evoluzione

who said that?

17. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Beanie from "Old School" - very funny movie. :cool:

And congrats as well! I'll be in Vegas for the CES the first week in January, so any I'd like some recommendations as well on where to eat, etc. :cool:

All the best to you and your new bride. :)

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

:eek: LOL!! that was funny.

Bless

19. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Glad you enjoyed the move as well, it is definitely a classic. :)

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Congrats!

and that is one the best movies i have ever seen. period.

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Mazel tov! ;)
    I think their's a "The palm steak house" in Caesar shop things- their desserts are huge, its like a half a cake

22. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

23. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

24. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)