Getting Media off of Motorola QIP6416-2 Box

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Nov 14, 2006.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2005
    Hi guys, whats going on? i just got my new MBP and it is amazing!!!! runs nice and quiet, no heat issues for me... anyway, I was wondering how i would go about getting Media off of a Motorola QIP6416-2 Box (i have Verizon TV) I have a ton of tennis that i want to get off because my recording space is getting full. The back of the box has a firewire slot, and i want to get the media off of it onto my MBP. Can someone point me in the right direction about how to do this? I would really love to have the tennis on my computer, and running out of space, i will have to start to delete some of my favorite matches Anyway, any help is appreciated. What program(s) can i use to do this?

2. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2005
  3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Never a good sign when you Google 'Motorola QIP6416-2' and your topic on MR is the top hit... lol.

However, have you tried simply using the Firewire port on the back of the Motorola box to plug a firewire cable into your Mac and see if it sees it as an external drive? If it does, it may store them as AVI/MPEG or the likes, and you may simple be able to drag them onto your MBP. Somehow I doubt it, but you never know.

I have a feeling however, it may be a lot harder and I think it may include things such as EyeTV, which isnt the way you want to go, really.
  4. nownot macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2007
    i just got my box about 1 month ago. nobody knows the answer to this question? there has to be a way to do it.
  5. bdk macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2007
    You might try It has a section called HTPC-Mac chat that includes a long thread on connecting by firewire to Motorola 6400 boxes. I'm just in the middle of working out the process for my 6412 box.