Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monkaaay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Richmond, VA
First of all, I love the site! It has a great group of educated Mac people.

However, I always find myself opening about 10-12 different Firefox tabs because all of the information is so spread out in different forums. It wouldn't suck so bad, but there are only generally 2-5 new threads in these forums, sometimes less for the less frequented forums (mac programming, etc). I know there probably isn't much that can be done, but has anyone thought of collapsing the forums some, which would put more "quality" threads in one forum at any one time. I understand separating for categories and so forth, but I would think having a more prominent search tool would ease that need.

Thoughts?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
I simply use New Posts and don't bother with the individual fora.
There is a preference that can be set under User CP: Options which can exclude a forum from the New Posts search, so you can get all of the posts, with the exclusion of the ones you aren't interested in particularly.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
For the most concise and organized information, see the MacRumors Guides. All are welcome to read them, and to contribute information they happen to know. It's a community effort.

I find that the most useful forum threads can usually be identified by their titles. Using the RSS feed (available on the front page) is a good way to see new thread titles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.