Getting Mouse to work like it does in Windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ShadowX22, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ShadowX22 macrumors newbie

After using my Macbook it seems the mouse doesn't work quite like I would like it to work as it does on my desktop. Is there anyway I can get my MX1000 to integrate with my Macbook and actually use the buttons (I can't use the back/foward/app switch buttons)

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

go to logitech.com and download the driver for mac ... i believe is it's called logitech control center (or something close...) then you can do it!

3. SCMaverick macrumors member

SteerMouse

I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and their drivers didn't work for me. I had to purchase SteerMouse which actually works great. It gives you the option to program every button on the mouse to work how you want it to.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Logitech control center is complete crap. Yes, it will let you assign each button, but only on a GLOBAL basis. I have a MX510.

I highly reccommend USB Overdrive. It's very easy to use, and will let you assign every button on your mouse on a per-application OR global basis. Each button can be assigned as a click, a certain type of click, scroll, volume, keystrokes, and tons of other options. If you can't do it with USB Overdrive, you probably just can't do it.

SteerMouse mentioned above might be just as good...never heard of it until now.